close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Renewed love affair

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by bfg1971, Mar 25, 2010.

1. bfg1971

bfg1971

When I was stationed in Hawaii I couldn't take my Calico carbine with me so it stayed with my parents. 11 years later my folks decided it was time it left their closet and brought it to me. Monday I took it to the range and had forgotten how much fun that little gun was.

If I could figure out how to mount a light on it I think it would be a great home defense gun.

Any other stories about rediscovering a gun from the back of a safe or closet out there?

2. raven11

raven11

just like you i PCS, but Illinois and found out the rifle ranges are only open during the summer:crying:

when next month rolls around i'm bringing my FN FS2000 out of the safe :supergrin:

3. nky1129

nky1129

Not exactly a "back of the closet" story, but close. Ever since I got my KY CCDW, I've been focused on handguns. Shooting, collecting, holsters, gun laws etc. Last week I went out to a friends farm and decided to grab the Rem 870 12g out of the bedroom closet, just in case he felt like shooting some clays. He did, and I had forgotten how much I love shooting that gun.