close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

reNEWed Bowhunter --- Answers and Opinions Please

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by kentley, Feb 27, 2003.

1. kentley

kentley

After two years of thinking about getting back into Bowhunting, I took the plunge this week. A guy I work with was wanting to sell his PSE Carrera, (80% let-off), to buy a new Mathews, so he sold it to me for $300:

[​IMG]

As you can see, it came with basically everything, (He's going to bring in the overdraw for it this week), including 4 Gold Tip Hunter Graphite 5575 arrows with feathers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He suggested that I buy Mechanical tips to go hunting with, because a broadhead would tend to "Plane" at 320+FPS. Any truth to this? And if so, what is he talking about?

MATRIX and rfb45colt, how did the Shockwave work this last year?

What do you all prefer, feathers or vinyl? I've heard that feathers are faster, by a couple FPS, but does it really matter when you're +300FPS?

I'll tell you what, alot has changed since I last went hunting with my wooden Bear back in 1987.

Thanks in advance,
    kentley

2. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

Congratulations on the outfit kentley. Looks like you did well. I had money on a bow a few years ago but as usual when crunch time came I moved the cash over to a 1911 pistol. I really don't have anyone to go with. I wish I had some buddies up here to try new things out with. Let us know how she handles. Good luck with it. Eddie C.