close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Removing Front and Rear Stock Glock Sights

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bushmasterguy, Apr 17, 2003.

1. bushmasterguy

bushmasterguy

I just ordered some new front and rear Glock Dawson fully Adjustable Target Sights for my Glock 35. I just felt I could not get consistent accuracy with the standard glock Sights I currently have.

Dawson ships you the tools needed to put on their Sights. However, I have no idea how to properly remove the old front and rear Sights. Any help or directions to any web sites that have this information is much appreciated in advance.

2. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

You can remove the front sight by pulling it off with pliers. The rear sight can easily be driven out using a wooden dowel or brass rod and a hammer.

3. laynlow

laynlow

Also,

Dawson sends the tools for the front sight, but not anything really useful for the rear. Their rear tool is an aluminum rod, to be used as a drift punch. I used a MGW (?) sight tool on the rear.

Their tool should work for a one shot use since the rear is a rather loose fit. Just be cautious.

They are nice sights BTW, I really like mine.

4. bfg1971

bfg1971

For front sight take a needle and push on the post inside the frame. It will cut it and you can easily remove the sight then.
    Rear sight use a wooden dowel rod and drive it out with a hammer.

5. Eins36

Eins36 World Citizen

If you want to re-use your original front sight, use small needle-nose pliers and pull out the plastic pin from inside the slide, in the center of the sight assembly.

For the rear sight, I used adjustable pliers for plumbing and anchored one half on the slide side, the other on the rear sight, then close the pliers to drive out the sight. Protect your slide with taped-on cardboard.
    Once the sight is half way moved, you can tap it out with a wooden hammer handle. This whole procedure does not require a vice (wich I didn't have).