Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a sweet deal on a HK P2000sk v3. The reason I got a great deal on it is because the previous owner decided to duracoat the slide od green, and did a pretty poor job of it. I was wondering if it was possible to get it back to the original finish, or if I should just get it anodized, or maybe just remove it and do a better job myself.

·
Badass Member
6,777 Posts
Paint stripper will remove duracoat. I used it on a knife blade, I don't know if I would use it on polymer.

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
29,857 Posts
How sure are you that it's Duracoat?

If I were in your position, I'd be getting some quality paint-stripper and giving it a shot. Worse case scenario, you have to have it re-finished in some manner.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How sure are you that it's Duracoat?

If I were in your position, I'd be getting some quality paint-stripper and giving it a shot. Worse case scenario, you have to have it re-finished in some manner.
I guess I'm not completely sure, I was told it was duracoat, but I've never actually seen it before (duracoat) so I couldn't say for sure.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Just got a sweet deal on a HK P2000sk v3. The reason I got a great deal on it is because the previous owner decided to duracoat the slide od green, and did a pretty poor job of it. I was wondering if it was possible to get it back to the original finish, or if I should just get it anodized, or maybe just remove it and do a better job myself.
Glock will refinish your Barrel and Slide for $60 plus ship. 4-6 week turn around.

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
29,857 Posts
Glock will refinish your Barrel and Slide for $60 plus ship. 4-6 week turn around.
I doubt Glock will refinish an H&K.

Of course, since the H&K mantra towards their customers is "you suck, and we hate you", I doubt H&K will refinish it either.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've actually gotten over half of it off by just scraping it with my thumb nail. I've been reading that a lot of people use acetone or lacquer thinner to get it off without damaging the bluing.

·
Registered
16,975 Posts
Brake fluid.

Duracoat is based on a 2 part automotive paint.

Just soak it in some brake fluid overnight.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.

·
NRA Life Member
5,114 Posts
I doubt Glock will refinish an H&K.

Of course, since the H&K mantra towards their customers is "you suck, and we hate you", I doubt H&K will refinish it either.
HK gave me pretty good customer service on my USP....

OP! If you can't remove it, find a local gunsmith or contact Duracoat

1 - 16 of 16 Posts