Glock 17 removable front sight for G17 to use CMORE/Carver slideride

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JDinNC, Sep 13, 2007.

Tags:
  1. JDinNC

JDinNC

OK, I just got my Carver/CMORE slideride red dot sight for my G17. I didnt know beforehand but it requires you to remove the front sight to install. If I get it removed, is there a front sight I can put in its place that attaches with a hex screw or something so that I can do it while im at the range? I would like to be able to switch from red dot to iron sights and back whenever I feel like it without too much complication. I do this a lot with my ruger 22. I would like it to look as close to the stock front sight as possible. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

2. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Are you saying you want to remove and reinstall the front sight, repeatedly? I don't think that's going to work out well, since Loc-Tite is recommended for mounting the front sight...

Anyway, AmeriGlo has non-tritium, white dot iron sights:

GW-116 All Glock models (.165" tall) .165" .140" Front replaced with GG-412 20.00

See them at:

http://ameriglo.com/

Let us know how this works for you! :wavey:

--Ray

3. JDinNC

JDinNC

yes repeatedly. I dont know really since its a range only gun.

4. JDinNC

JDinNC

Awesome. I'm gonna order one tomorrow thanks. I popped of the front sight and installed the Carver/CMore. I might post some pix of it later if I feel like it. It looks bad as hell. It's all black.