Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for input from anyone who has experience with the Remington V3. This gun shoulders well for me and the price is hard to beat. I’ll be using this gun 100% for waterfowl hunting. Any input on this gun would be much appreciated!

·
Spewer of TROOF
9,706 Posts
I’m looking for input from anyone who has experience with the Remington V3. This gun shoulders well for me and the price is hard to beat. I’ll be using this gun 100% for waterfowl hunting. Any input on this gun would be much appreciated!
I’ve actually never heard of it.Online it says they are about 750.00

now I have to check these out

·
finishes it...
4,075 Posts
bought one when they first came out and it's been a great autoloader with no routine maintenane/running dirty.

·
NRA Life Member
13,382 Posts
My opinion....stay away. Remington declared bankruptcy and has a new owner. Their obligations to honor warranties and support previous product lines likely has been eliminated in the bankruptcy. Maybe not. But why mess with it?

The V3 is a version of the Verrsamax and I have never see a more problem prone series of shotguns. Three guys in my duck house owned versamax's and all three went down often enough that all three now shoot either Benellis or Brownings. Bolt handles come off in the middle of a hunt, the linkage to the recoil system bends and breaks...all kinds of problems. One of those guys actually worked for Remington in Elizabethtown KY and was a company many and he now shoots a Benelli...what's that tell ya? Buy a Benelli or a Beretta. I have both and the only issues I've ever had with a Beretta is when I didn't clean it after two years and it the action was packed with mud and rice straw to the point the bolt wouldn't go back far enough to pick up a shell. Cleaned out the muck and it went right back to cycling. That's not a gun problem its a owner problem My Benellis are superbly reliable. My best friend has a 28 year old Benelli Super Black Eagle and he hunts hard and shoots a lot. 3.5in shells too which are very hard on a shotgun... After 28 years it finally broke a spring on the shell lifter. Only problem in 28 years and probably 50,000 shells. That's outstanding. I've never seen any Remington capable of that reliability and I used to shoot an 11-87 competitively in Registered Skeet. Been around a lot of 1100's and they have no where near the reliability of the Italian guns.... Yeah the tomato stakes cost more...but they don't go down like the Remingtons.

Keep in mind my observations and advice are based on hanging out with serious hunters who will hunt 3 days a week during duck season, go to Illinois for pheasant twice a year. Go to Saskatchewon for waterfowl every year. Go to a dozen dove hunts every year and everything else....Turkeys, squirrels, rabbits etc. Hard core. If you shoot two boxes of ammo a year the Versamax may be entirely adequate and last you the rest of your life. Its simply a matter of how hard you are on your guns.... SO obviously, YMMV

1 - 5 of 5 Posts