Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
20,725 Posts
Remington is seeking financing to file bankruptcy. I don't know what that does for other Freedom Group offerings like Marlin, Para.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-to-file-for-bankruptcy-sources-idUSKBN1FT04C
Cerebus capital management, a company that specializes in "distressed investing"(leveraged buyouts) owns "The Freedom Group" and Remington was abandoned by some of Cerberus’ private equity fund investors after one of its Bushmaster rifles was used in the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting in Connecticut in 2012.

So Remington has received less support from it's parent company since that time and now they have to file bankruptcy.

Cerebus has run this once great company into the ground and Marlin may be the next to suffer from the poor management of "The Freedom Group".

·
Registered
458 Posts
Go bankrupt, then come back as employee-owned company without so many of the legacy burdens that certainly affect their ability to be profitable. Get rid of those who get in the way of building great firearms, focus on the core products (870, 700, 1100, etc). Build them like they used to with steel trigger housings, nice walnut, bright bluing. If Remington shed the 75% of their product line and brought the core classics back to the high standards of the old days customers would buy. Employee-owned Remington making great guns at even 20% of current operation size would be better than current state.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
So sad that equity firms and other investors only think about the profit and stock value, not the longevity of the company or product. They buy a long standing brand name and cut quality, run it into the ground and break it up and sell it off in pieces. had a client years ago, that is all he did was buy, bundle it with other purchases or break it up and sell it off. held onto very few purchases longer than a year. damn near a billionaire when he was decapitated at 54 by a wire snowmobiling

·
This used to be AMERICA........
1,974 Posts
So sad that equity firms and other investors only think about the profit and stock value, not the longevity of the company or product. They buy a long standing brand name and cut quality, run it into the ground and break it up and sell it off in pieces. had a client years ago, that is all he did was buy, bundle it with other purchases or break it up and sell it off. held onto very few purchases longer than a year. damn near a billionaire when he was decapitated at 54 by a wire snowmobiling
.............a wire snowmobiling....what?

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
The only Remington I have purchased in 30 years is the RM380.

It’s possibly the finest pocket .380 I own.

So I bought two. The first for $199 and the second for $99. ($100 rebate).

Reactions: ChTony and zaitcev
1 - 20 of 85 Posts