Remington 22 gallery

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by tantone56, Feb 5, 2010.

1. tantone56

tantone56 Love my G23!!!

I was in a sporting goods store looking to buy some 22's for my Ruger Single Six. There was an older fella working the ammo counter and he seemed to know alot about the different types of 22's. He told me that 22 gallery would shoot great from my gun and save me money in the process. He told me to just clean the gun very well after using the ammo. I bought two boxes of 250 count Remington. When I hot home I looked underneath the box and it says "CAUTION: NOT FOR USE IN REVOLVERS." I am surprised as the man really did seem to know his stuff. Is it common knowledge that you cannot shoot 22 gallery in revolvers?

2. tantone56

tantone56 Love my G23!!!

Bump. I really want to know if I can use this ammo. If not, what gun is it made for?

3. Brucev

Brucev

For the life of me I can not imagine that there would be any normal .22 LR ammo that would be problematic in a Ruger Single-Six. As a gallery load it may not be full power, but other than that, there is no reason it could not be shot in your revolver. Perhaps you would be wise to just contact Remington customer service and see what they have to say. HTH. Sincerely. Brucev.

4. Merkavaboy

Merkavaboy Code-7A KUZ769

Remington doesn't even catalog a .22 "gallery" load.

Exactly what kind of ammo is this?

What is it named? Is it a Short, Long or LR load? What's the bullet weight?