close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Remington 147 MC -grungy

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Spentshell, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Spentshell

Spentshell

I just got my second batch of Remington 147g MC bullets and they are tarnished and grungy looking. I'm used to the bright shiny copper from West Coast Bullets. I've had grungy Rem MC's from two sources now. Anyone else seen this?

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Yep, I have had that and MOST importantly I had 2 cases that the bullets them selves had a LARGE variation in length. I was very dissappointed and now only use either West Coast or Zero 147's.

3. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

I have been using Berry's Bullets and they are INCREDIBLY ACCURATE and consistent!

I use 147gr RN CCLAD for Glock 17 and the 180gr and 200gr FN for my Glock 20.

I have used Berry's in USPSA Area and Limited Nationals matches and they shoot as well as FMJ bullets that cost more.

Regards,
    LoveGlocks

4. JWG_34

JWG_34 TeamCarverMount

Are these the 147 remington match?
    If so that may well be your answer. The rem. 147's are a little pricey, so they do not move as well as some of the other makers 147's. So they probably set on the sellers shelf longer.
    So far all the remington 147's I shot have been shiny, The only exception was a batch bought from midway.
    And so far bullet weight and lentgh, have been very consistent.

5. Spentshell

Spentshell

The first batch was from Widener's and the second batch is from Midway.
    I think I am going to run them in the tumbler with some fresh corncob to try and get rid of the blotches. I just get this image of a spitball flying through the air.;g

6. JWG_34

JWG_34 TeamCarverMount

If the bloches are not real bad, go ahead and reload them. Mine did fine ,did not affect accuracy a bit.