close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Reminder To Newbies In This Forum

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by darwin25, Feb 24, 2006.

1. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

This was setup for Filipinos 3 years ago by people wanting to promote Responsible Gun Ownership and the Shooting Sports among fellow Filipinos. We were only a small group then but camaraderie among us is strong. Everybody is welcome here but DO NOT BRING YOUR IMMATURITIES HERE. This is a forum for serious people because gun ownership is a serious issue. We are more than willing to help those who wants to learn responsible gun ownership and the shooting sports but starting flame wars, ridiculing and making fun of fellow forum members will not be tolerated here. Kung naghahanap kayo ng away, this is not your forum. We are all gun owners here. Hindi nyo kami kayang sindakin dito. Dont start your immaturities here.

Any negative reactions are welcome

2. riddler

riddler

The remark "JOKE ONLY" and "I AM JUST KIDDING" is never an excuse nor a way to save face after you have hurt someone. This is not immaturity rather a coward's way of absolving himself of responsibilities for his stupidity.

3. kiddie

kiddie

I believe excessive jestings may become too provocative sometimes and should not be fueled up further. But maybe that's how we Filipinos are specially if we notice something hilarious.

The one who posted a hilarious item (stories , prices, etc) can expect hilarious answers and lots of teasings and maybe should not be onion skinned. Everybody should take responsibility for their words & actions. If someone will start a seemingly provocative joke treat it as it is, a joke, but if it goes on and on, then they are provoking indeed.

But if jokes are not ever allowed here then everybody should follow. Some degree of tolerance however cannot cause injury
    and it's the one that keeps the world together.

4. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

You call what you did a joke???. Nothing about what is said by thread starter is hilarious. Ewan ko lang kung kaya mo syang i-ridicule ng harapan. Yes everybody should take responsibilty for their words and actions. So where is that responsibilty in your words in the other thread. You always make fun of people? And you own a gun? Good combination.

And you are the newbie here. If you think your "jokes" are not allowed in here, leave. We have tried so hard for the past 3 to keep this forum civil and helpful to fellow members at wala ka pang naco-contribute sa ikakabuti at ikakaganda ng samahan ng BOGS. So dont tell us that just because your kind of "jokes" are not allowed in here, everyone of us should follow.

5. kiddie

kiddie

well, I think each one to his own perception. So if your words or actions are perceived to be a sinister act or have caused a paranoia then be responsible dont blame anybody except yourself. You have miscalculated, expect to receive no mercy.

6. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

And so you did.

7. kiddie

kiddie

Well I think jesters are at risk of being shot. But guns are more dangerous in the hands of the extremists and those who cannot distinguish a joke from a provocation or those who just cannot tolerate some of their fellow beings.

8. kristiansen

kristiansen Birdwatcher

big words.and you only registered this Feb.2006?

9. kiddie

kiddie

pls... dont make it personal, I'm just an ordinary Filipino. Just expressing sentiments and opinions. No offense intended to anyone, just a newbie who might have joked too much.

10. alpha1g23

alpha1g23 diamondback

Reminder To Newbies In This Forum
    This was setup for Filipinos 3 years ago by people wanting to promote Responsible Gun Ownership and the Shooting Sports among fellow Filipinos. We were only a small group then but camaraderie among us is strong. Everybody is welcome here but DO NOT BRING YOUR IMMATURITIES HERE. This is a forum for serious people because gun ownership is a serious issue. We are more than willing to help those who wants to learn responsible gun ownership and the shooting sports but starting flame wars, ridiculing and making fun of fellow forum members will not be tolerated here. Kung naghahanap kayo ng away, this is not your forum. We are all gun owners here. Hindi nyo kami kayang sindakin dito. Dont start your immaturities here.

Any negative reactions are welcome

i agree with darwin25...

newbie rin po ako..... And ask for me lalo na sa panahon ngayon marami ang matapang diko kailangan ng kaaway ang kailangan ko kaibigan kaya nga ako nag join dito sa BoGs.... i didnt mean to insult anybody here if i said something bout the other thread tao lang po ako nagkakamali din paumanhin po.... we should be helping each other not fighting with each other .... have a good one to all BoGs

11. Allegra

Allegra

Pls remember that only the old members ( age and date of reg )can make jokes here as stated on the sticky
    And only if the jokes are actually funny
    Yung mga newbies , pakilala muna kayo before mag feeling at home na

:)

12. badshot9mm

badshot9mm

Thanks po sa reminders...

I'm also a newbie po kaya okay lang sa akin madalas na paalala...

13. 9MX

9MX Rei!

+1

i guess its not really all about seniority, its probably a combination of prudence and timing. most of the regular BOGs trash talk each other here and at the range, but that is after establishing some degree of familiarity to make our jests acceptable.

just like when we are new in a group (physically and here in cyberspace), the natural tendency is to be observant at first, those who come in "fresh" are ostracized by consequence.

and to those who came in "fresh," it is of course your right to opine its a matter of perception, however, "acceptance" is integral to enjoy your stay in this forum as with any peer group.

so if one thinks you were wrongfully ostracized by the BOGs, you can always try other forums or change your GT handle for a new start
    :cool: (assuming you haven't been to any of the EBs of course)

14. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

I also had my fair share of mishaps but I learned from them. Choose your battles not all questions or comments deserve an answer.

15. casmot

casmot Re membered

Perception na naman! Like I've said before, I perceive us to be all of the same height. Eh mali pala. ;f

Seriously, you will notice none of the old BoG commented anything negative on that particular thread. If you want to comment or joke about someone who you don't know, just PM it to your buddies and don't post it. It will not only save the BoGs from flame wars but also save you from looking like an ***.

16. 9MX

9MX Rei!

;2 its body orifice (ask Eye Cutter;f)

17. gunfool

gunfool

No comment!

(hehehe di nakatiis)

When I first join with the group it takes me sometime to feel am at home. In fact,I even prepare to read post(as i find this place informative) rather than posting nonsense. To be honest people here are friendly, I mean not only here, even on the range. So please guys and like what Darwin said. Let us not bring our immaturities here. Mahirap mag sindakan dito at puro tayo di baril!;f

18. casmot

casmot Re membered

Actually, its an animal. Like the mule or a donkey. ;f

19. MR_BIG

MR_BIG

i used to moderate a automotive site before, the population is a bit younger, hence they are kinda rowdy(sorry benj), my job was to remove, lock, etc etc, if there is a flame war, i just lock the thread, then move, di ko na pinahahaba, after a few day, parang walang nangyari. you guys need a pinoy moderator here, if sa judgement nya is offensive, he can delete the post.

20. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Mr. Big,

The moderator issue had been discussed before. In general, the untoward incidents are very few and far in between (my opinion). Most who go astray can be settled by diplomatic means. Of course there are hopeless cases and that is why they are called trolls:cool: