Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
81,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Machete-wielding man attacks couple, says he was angry over coronavirus shutdowns

by: KRON Web Staff, The Associated Press

Posted: May 18, 2020 / 09:11 PM EDT / Updated: May 18, 2020 / 09:11 PM EDT

Kelvin Edwards / Nashville Police Department

KRON) — A homeless man who attacked a husband and wife with a machete Sunday says he was angry over shutdowns that were taking place during the coronavirus pandemic, according to local authorities.

35-year-old Kelvin Edwards has been charged with two counts of attempted murder in connection with the Sunday night attack, Metro Nashville police said in a statement.

According to officials, Edwards randomly attacked the couple – 55-year-old Kevin Craft and 50-year-old Leanne Craft – as they were waiting inside a Public Storage warehouse office.

Police said Edwards told them he was upset by the coronavirus pandemic and that he could not enter the Nashville Rescue Mission, so he took his anger out on the couple, whom authorities said he did not know.

Police said Edwards got the machete from the bin he rented at the storage facility. After the attack was reported, Edwards walked out of the storage facility and surrendered to police. Edwards has been arrested and charged with two counts of attempted murder.

https://www.wfla.com/community/heal...says-he-was-angry-over-coronavirus-shutdowns/ "

Joshua [email protected]

I cannot repeat the exact verbiage the officer used to describe the scene, at this time, but it sounds like this is a very sad situation.

4:32 PM - May 17, 2020

https://breaking911.com/breaking-mu...XvdQs2kyXZfqoLm4JQWZwKImt_0-dx00dOu-96Phq42CQ "

"Metro Nashville PD

✔@MNPDNashville

https://twitter.com/MNPDNashville/status/1262179126850531328

BREAKING: Kelvin Edwards, 35, will be taken to jail soon for this afternoon's random machete attack on a husband & wife in the office of Public Storage, 800 5th Av S. The victims are in critical cond. 6 MNPD officers applied multiple tourniquets in an effort to save their lives.

8:32 PM - May 17, 2020

https://breaking911.com/breaking-mu...XvdQs2kyXZfqoLm4JQWZwKImt_0-dx00dOu-96Phq42CQ "

·
Banned
5,457 Posts
Out and about I've been carrying everywhere with my G19 and two standard caps of bonded GS. You can never tell what idiocy (or heck, criminality -- everybody mask wearing) pops out of no-where.

A guy waving a machete in my direction qualifies as "shoot first, ask questions later."

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Nice looking couple that will never be the same. I can only imagine their injuries.

""The color red was very prominent," Metro Nashville Police Officer James Hill said. "I could just tell from 20-25 feet away they were going to need quite a bit of medical assistance.""

This won't get National coverage. It goes against the every narrative, especially pro CCW.

5ec2db6fe141d.image.jpg

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
The “Deep End” isn’t that far away and going “Off of It”, is even closer...lol...

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
I'll withhold my opinion until more information is released to the public. Looks to me illegal substances might be found in the accused's system, not that it excuses him for the consequences of his actions.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Another reason I carry nearly everywhere it is legal. And another reason to carry, and be proficent with a serious caliber.

People tend to forget you may have to STOP someone like this, and stop them quickly. The reach and damage potential of a blade like this is frightening to say the least.

I like my mouse gun and all, and they have their place, but stopping a madman with a machete before you lose an arm or hand?

Sobering to say the least.

Gray_Rider
Old Secessh

·
Registered
7,818 Posts
Also a good reason to stay in shape and have some H2H skills if your able. Close confines like that, could get real up close and personal.

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
I would love to say what I really want to, but I'd probably be permanently banned.

I'm glad the criminal is in custody and I hope the injured couple recovers.
SAME! Can't say anything, except carry your gun ALL THE TIME. All the time everywhere - you never know where a turd invasion is going to occur. DAMN POS's!:steamed: Jogging to the shelter I suppose. :steamed:

·
Registered
7,818 Posts
Another reason I carry nearly everywhere it is legal. And another reason to carry, and be proficent with a serious caliber.

People tend to forget you may have to STOP someone like this, and stop them quickly. The reach and damage potential of a blade like this is frightening to say the least.

I like my mouse gun and all, and they have their place, but stopping a madman with a machete before you lose an arm or hand?

Sobering to say the least.

Gray_Rider
Old Secessh
For sure on the serious caliber. Awhile back we had a guy in the area walking around, acting crazy with a sword. When I brought the dog out to pee in the yard at night I carried my 12 gauge.

·
Mr. Awesome
11,257 Posts
The longer these unconstitutional lockdowns go on, the more we will witness incidents such as this.
I doubt the suspect is capable of logic, if that’s his reaction to a problem they had nothing to do with.

Reactions: ranger1968
1 - 20 of 25 Posts