Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
NRA MEMBER
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I remember back in the day when Glock owners were so proud and a bit on the Holy'er than though side because Glocks were the only 100% reliable gun made.

They were better than any other ammo picky 1911 or any other make in the world..Nothing compare to a Glock in their eyes.

Now you see all these Glock owner rolling over and submitting to Glock with the new 50% reliability, ammo picky, Make excuses, got to tinker with it to get it to work Gen4.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I remember back in the day when Glock owners were so proud and a bit on the Holy'er than though side because Glocks were the only 100% reliable gun made.

They were better than any other ammo picky 1911 or any other make in the word..Nothing compare to a Glock in their eyes.

Now you see all these Glock owner rolling over and submitting to Glock with the new 50% reliability, ammo picky, Make excuses, got to tinker with it to get it to work Gen4.
Right...and they would post pointless drivel to nobody in particular crowing about....wait, that's you.

·
NRA MEMBER
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Right...and they would post pointless drivel to nobody in particular crowing about....wait, that's you.
It was before your time newb..

Got to love when someone replies about pointless drivel with pointless drivel..:rofl:

·
NRA MEMBER
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah he's part of that 50%...What about the rest that are having nothing but issues?

What about all the excuses regarding ammo that works and dont work? Is that what Glock has become?

Thread after thread after thread everyday regarding gen4 problems here on GT and every other gun forum I belong to.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Yeah he's part of that 50%...What about the rest that are having nothing but issues?

What about all the excuses regarding ammo that works and dont work? Is that what Glock has become?

Thread after thread after thread everyday regarding gen4 problems here on GT and every other gun forum I belong to.
Personally I'll never know because I own 15 Gen 3's and 1 Gen 2.5 and have absolutely no intention of even picking up a Gen 4. Some say good, some say bad. And with the volume of problem complaints I know at least some of them are true. Never had the first issue of any kind with my Gen 3's and as far as I am concerned they are THE holy grail...:cool:

·
Registered
10,100 Posts
in this video he says no repeat no problems and he likes it.

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
I think that suggesting the Gen4 Glocks have 50% reliability is no more true than to suggest that Gen4 Glocks have had no issues at all.

·
20,410 Posts
I remember when all ammo made in the USA was decent, standard velocity stuff. Boy, those were the good old days, a time before Walmart pressured ammo makers to come up with cheaper stuff for them to sell.

·
Banned
2,195 Posts
I remember when all ammo made in the USA was decent, standard velocity stuff. Boy, those were the good old days, a time before Walmart pressured ammo makers to come up with cheaper stuff for them to sell.
That all function 100% in HK and SIG...

·
Registered
692 Posts

They were better than any other ammo picky 1911 or any other make in the word..Nothing compare to a Glock in their eyes.

I guess I am in the lucky 50% shooting Glocks since 1993 and my Gen 4 G19 is no different than any of them. 100% Thank you very much.

BTW, how did you come up with 50%?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts

I firmly believe that the majority of problems are operator induced.I have 3 Gen 4 glocks and have had no problems. None of my friends have problems. Yet when you read this forum it seems that they are everywhere. When I read a post that says "This is my First glock" and its a gen 4, you know its the person shooting ,not the gun!

·
Registered
347 Posts
I think that suggesting the Gen4 Glocks have 50% reliability is no more true than to suggest that Gen4 Glocks have had no issues at all.
The same goes for the idea that Glocks are, or ever were, 100% reliable. No auto-loading pistol is 100% reliable across the board. There are too many variables. While Glocks have had a very good record of reliability, nothing is perfect. Pistols are machines. Machines fail. Period. Just because you have a gun that has fired 1000 rounds without a single jam, doesn't mean that it won't jam on round 1001. Plan on and train for failures, because they will happen when you least expect.

·
NRA MEMBER
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I guess I am in the lucky 50% shooting Glocks since 1993 and my Gen 4 G19 is no different than any of them. 100% Thank you very much.

BTW, how did you come up with 50%?
Yeah you're right..50% is a little much because there seems to be way more unhappy customer than happy ones..

It is nice that you got one that works..Congrats.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Yeah you're right..50% is a little much because there seems to be way more unhappy customer than happy ones..

It is nice that you got one that works..Congrats.
Thanks :cool: I have another on order, I will definitely wring it out with a variety of ammo and post a report. My current one has the 0-3 spring with no issues. The next one will likely have the 0-4 so that will be interesting.
MB

·
NRA MEMBER
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I firmly believe that the majority of problems are operator induced.I have 3 Gen 4 glocks and have had no problems. None of my friends have problems. Yet when you read this forum it seems that they are everywhere. When I read a post that says "This is my First glock" and its a gen 4, you know its the person shooting ,not the gun!
Oh come on..Really? Its the ammo, its user error, the stars arent aligned correctly..Its a turd that needs to go back to the drawing board..

Pre gen 4's will eat whatever you feed them regardless. Glock inc screwed the pooch on this one by coming up with a solution to a problem that didnt exist..

There answer was an ammo sensitive gun with the option to make it BIGGER!

1 - 20 of 110 Posts