Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watch and I mostly just read the threads here on GT. I generally don't comment on keep my opinions to myself for the most part. I'm a 70% disabled vet from high impact landing that left me with 3 shattered discs in my neck, 2 in my back, a broken shoulder blade and a broken hip. After several surgeries I was discharged and went to work in the civilian world.

I believe in this country and what it stands for. I believe in our troops. I may not respect the man in charge of our country but I do respect the rank.

My best friend from high school works for an airline and sent me these pictures this evening.

So as a reminder to all that knock our men and women in uniform. Those of you who put them down and say they are weak and soft....This is how some of them are still coming home.
Trousers Vehicle Sky Tire Motor vehicle
Sky Tire Wheel Cloud Military person
Aircraft Sky Vehicle Airplane Flap
Sky Cloud Tire Wheel Ecoregion

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Soldiers (NAVY myself) are sent to do work to do a particular job that we were individually trained to do. While I would brag that i was the best at my assignment, I sure hated one CO with a passion due to his unnecessary sadism. Even so. I still followed his orders to the letter! And yes, it was the same for me in my time --- "Respect of rank" was the cornerstone. My love of a nation that gave my family a free and fair chance was my motivation.
Some folks never will understand that motivation because they hate their own country, Chris. Thank you for your respect of command in the service of our blessed country and know that your individual service was vital to all of America's people, even the ones that hate it, and whether they know it, or not! (y)

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Bless you and thank you for your service and devotion. Why our country is sliding towards the gutter is beyond my understanding. The ones beating our country down are not worthy of the men who defend it.

·
Making America great again!
18,414 Posts
@Chris8111, thank you for your post. When I'm sometimes tempted to give up in the middle of this madness our country finds itself, I remember the brave soldiers who fought for our country throughout history, from the Revolution to Afghanistan. We must never forget, and we must never give up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts