Remember This Guy - Openly Carrying in OK Park?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Bruce M, Nov 12, 2019.

1. newglocker10mm

newglocker10mm Texas Born & Bred

Yes open carry has been legal in Oklahoma for a while now. Constitutional carry was just implemented on Nov 1st. His previous forays that I know of involved walking through a park where there apparently a large number of young children playing and at a privately sponsored festival clearly marked no firearms in Tulsa. The OKC incident was resolved with him leaving the park but he was arrested in Tulsa. From what I understand he sent a video to fellow "auditor" showing him presumably drinking while carrying a rifle in Twin Peaks. Apparently, and I did not know this, there is a statute prohibiting the carrying of long guns in any establishment the serves alcoholic beverages. The "hysterics" are because of, despite his vocal posturing of "education and auditing the 2nd Amendment", he has managed to do nothing except detract from the gains made in Oklahoma as far as gun rights.

slamdunc, Bruce M and sonoma like this.
  2. newglocker10mm

According to Oklahoma Statute 21 O.S. 1272.1, it is a felony to carry any firearm into any establishment serving alcohol unless you are the owner or on duty law enforcement. A licensed carrier may carry into a restaurant serving alcohol as long as alcohol sales is not their primary means of income. I can't verify but I believe the gentlemen had previously lost his concealed carry license.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    sonoma likes this.

3. Triple Taps

Triple Taps Best Friends

The following pertains to law enforcement officers and CWP holders carrying in a restaurant and bars, both can carry in bars. However, neither will be allowed to carry and drink alcohol.

46 states have similar laws

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  4. okiegtrider

okiegtrider

You are hearing some of the same rumors about this that I am.

Bruce M likes this.
  5. knoxvegasdaddy

knoxvegasdaddy UBER VOL !!!

I’m pretty sure he was referring to the guy with monkeys for an avatar.

Long time members know you have a lot of time out on the road.

newglocker10mm likes this.
  6. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

How in the hell does that pertain to the topic at hand? The article you posted is from South Carolina and concerns law enforcement officers. The story in the OP revolves around the carrying of firearms by a civilian in Oklahoma.

Your post has nothing to do with ANYONE outside of South Carolina. Nothing.

SKSman57 likes this.
  7. Triple Taps

Triple Taps Best Friends

I don't know of anyone with monkeys for and avatar. My avatar has an
    Orangutan and Blue Tick dog. That is not monkeys for sure.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  8. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Let us understand this, you're advocating that OCPD assassinate people?

9. teeceetx

teeceetx

My only point was that if it's legal to open carry in parks, then what's going on? I have no problem with him being arrested for the carrying while drinking. It just seems strange that the law allows him to open carry in public, yet a half dozen cops show up to harass him for not breaking the law. These people live in an open carry state, so no one should be surprised or feel threatened by someone who is not breaking the law.

10. Triple Taps

Triple Taps Best Friends

Read the post or don't read it, that's fine with me.

Actually according to the article it has something to do with 46 states who have passed similar laws.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  11. okiegtrider

okiegtrider

Not what I said. But I really wouldn't care care if they did take out this ****bird.

12. slamdunc

slamdunc JAFO

As with most of them, this bobo is not acting as an ambassador for gun rights and advocating for the Second Amendment, he is trying to draw attention to himself. I love to learn things, but when people like this guy are 'auditing' and attempting to 'educate' the public, it gives me pause. It's obviously the case, or they wouldn't bring their buddy with a video camera to document their shenanigans.

Bruce M and newglocker10mm like this.
  13. newglocker10mm

Don't really understand the relevance of your response. I don't believe I stated whether or not I cared for the post and was not stating any opinion, but relating reported actions that caused him to run afoul of state law. And to reiterate, what the law covering this situation in South Carolina states is not germane to what Oklahoma law states, unless you are trying to use precedent, which is not applicable in this case.

SKSman57 likes this.
  14. newglocker10mm

OCPD was responding to a call about an unknown person walking around a park containing children with an apparently loaded weapon that appeared to be a rifle. I don't assume to understand your take on this, but from experience when a man with a gun call goes out, especially when children are involved, a lot of attention is going to be directed to that location. OCPD showed remarkable restraint in their response tactics. Besides, this thread, which is dealing with actions that lead to his arrest, is about a completely different set of circumstances disparate from the park incident.

Bruce M likes this.
  15. newglocker10mm

Thanks Vegas. My apologies to you and wprebeck were heartfelt. It had been a bad day with a lot of hours and I took a lot of things wrong.:cheers:

wprebeck likes this.
  16. Triple Taps

Triple Taps Best Friends

If you will look at the reply, It is not directed to you. I was responding to wprebeck for using profanity, and incorrect statements while quoting from my post. I believed he approached it in the wrong way, so pointed that out.

I just use a quote from your post as to the reason I posted an article about 46 states having similar laws on drinking alcohol while carrying .

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  17. Bruce M

Bruce M

I think I get what you are saying. Although I could argue that his decision to parade around the park with children in the area with the openly carried handgun on the sling that sort of looks like a shortish rifle/carbine and going into the Twin Peaks with the AR15 type rifle is amazingly similar. One may be on one edge of a line and the other on the other edge of the line. But both or close enough to the edge that many/most/nearly all gun owners would make a different decision.

18. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

It's not relevant, because it's NOT the law in 46 other states. Those states have their own laws, with their own phrasing. That law affects those living in SC. I live in TN and work in KY. The law you cited means squat in either state.

And, you were never a cop.

SKSman57 and newglocker10mm like this.
  19. knoxvegasdaddy

knoxvegasdaddy UBER VOL !!!

Unnecessary, but well appreciated!

20. Triple Taps

Triple Taps Best Friends

"ASSUME" AGAIN, and the article said, 46 states have SIMILAR laws, it did NOT say SAME laws. Misquoting the article won't change what the article actually said.
    I did not write the article, just posted it.

End of topic

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019