Remember that ink cartridge “terror plot”?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Kozel, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Kozel

Kozel

Remember that ink cartridge “terror plot”? What happened to it? It is just totally gone from the news.

What was that about? Printer cartridge full of white powder which was tested to be not explosive and another package with cell phones and detonators addressed to Chicago synagogue. Some woman in Yemen and her mother arrested. News flash all over the place for a day....

Now it is all gone. I still wonder though. What kind of “terror plot” was it supposed to be? Jews in Chicago synagogue were to receive both packages, replace fake explosive with real one, put detonator in it, attach it to cell phone and blow themselves up?

I don’t get it. I do not mean to get all conspiratorial here but what was that about?

2. argy1182

argy1182

Man I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but I've seen it all over the news. The election coverage may have eclipsed it while you were watching, but I've seen a lot on the attempted attack today.

3. Twisted Steel

Twisted Steel And Sex Appeal

It was a trial run and\or decoy. If they keep the bureaucracy chasing it's tail over nothing, they hope to make them loose the edge. Also, "terror" is about making people scared. For a few hours, people were scared.

From another perspective, they see what does and does not work as far as getting something in.

It's literally cat and mouse.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  4. Kozel

Kozel

“Attempted attack” with non-explosive powder and “bomb” in “assembly required” state in separate packages? Is it some kind of bad “terrorist joke”?

5. yesitsloaded

yesitsloaded

Said the same thing to my wife this morning - we've been attacked on our own soil again ... and it's barely noticed. Guess the elections are better for ratings than the security of our nation. Very sad that people have to die (again) before there is any real attention paid to it or anything constructive done with any real effect - how quickly we forget.

Is it a joke? I don't know and I'm sure most of us civilians will never know. Could have been a message from friend or foe to keep diligent.

God bless those who fight for our freedom; secure our borders and keep us safe at night - some of us do still care and appreciate what you do - even though the press and the politicians have other agendas right now.

My opinion - YMMV.

6. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

Good thing the Obama administration was able to get wind of it while the plane was in the air. And so close to election time. Make me wonder. How about you?

7. Ragnar

Ragnar

Test run, just like the guys in August who taped a cell phone to a bottle of pepto bismol. Gauge the reactions to the threats and then they can make new ways to counter them.

The pepto bismol bottle was, to me, the most interesting of them. Bismuth is a heavy metal nearly as dense as lead and is a known absorber/diffuser of x-rays. For this reason, your gastroenterologist will tell you not to take any pepto 24 hours prior to a colonoscope.

I believe the pepto bottle with the cell phone taped to it was a test. 1) tested the ability of airport xray machines to see it and 2) they found out that when inspected, the bag was passed as a non-threat - fake bombs being "ok" according to the rules. So what if I now put some C4 (or similar) in the pepto bottle? Will it fog/diffuse the xrays enough to get by? And will the pepto keep the explosive sniffer machine from alerting?

The enemy isn't stupid. He's watching and waiting.

8. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

I'm still not sure if you are being sarcastic, but the news I have been seeing has confirmed that there was in fact explosive materials and it was enough to bring the planes down. They also barred all cargo coming out of Yemen, and the bombs were in a state where they could have been detonated on the planes. They have even identified a new "wanted" person for making them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-Qaeda-terrorist-Ibrahim-Hassan-Al-Asiri.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/10/31/white-house-says-mail-bombs/

The communist news network still has two stories listed as today's headlines related to the plot, and I have been home all day today, with every single news program that came on having major stories about the plot.

9. Truffle8Shuffle

Truffle8Shuffle

This came out today... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ml_yemen_al_qaida_bombmaker

"...the mail bombs sent from Yemen and bound for the United States..."

"British Home Secretary Theresa May said the bomb discovered on the plane that landed in England was powerful enough to bring down the aircraft."

"All three bombs contained a high explosive known as PETN..."

Sounds real enough to me.

10. american lockpicker

american lockpicker License to Il

I wonder if we will be dealing with this till the end of time...

11. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

Yes, I noticed that President Obama acted very Presidential from the White House defending the free world against this act of terrorism.

No doubt the synagogues would blindly open any unsolicited suspicious packages arriving from Yemen. Ooops.

And now back to the White House for more from President Obama, who saved us from the terrorists.

:deadhorse:

12. South Fla

South Fla ©South Fla 2019

Well, the root of the word "terrorist" is terror.

And if we let these people interrupt our daily lives and be "terrorized", they win.

I refuse to be "terrorized". If they want action, I say bring it on. They will not be happy with the results of their actions.

But, being the cowards that they are, they will continue to just "terrorize".