close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

reloads for practice

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by wingz, Mar 29, 2006.

1. wingz

wingz speed not power

BOGs Bros.,

good day sirs. i've been using fmj ammos since the first time i went to the range with my gun. the output and the mental aspect of using good factory ammo is there; but the price seems to hurt the more i practiced. i've read from various threads here that it is not a burden to use reload ammos as long as you have reliable and tested sources. i browsed sir horge's firearms directories :50cal:(thanks sir) and settled for two stores which are near my work here in sucat, parañaque. they are: TRUE POWER from muntinlupa and PRACTICAL SHOOTER SUPPLY along parañaque road. may i ask if any of you have already used their respective reloads for 9mm? any comments on the performance? both stores have very reasonable prices. P6 for teflon heads and PSS says they have what they called a TMJ(total metal jacket ) reload for P7. any stores you can recommend. i usually shoot in armscor mcs, but have'nt tried their reloads; what about them? thanks.

wingz

2. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

use of plated/coated reloads is a must in indoor ranges.

you can't use lead bec. of possible lead poisoning/contamination.

if you have the funds, go for the tmj or fmj. the price for the teflon is reasonable but it gives off a bad smell when fired.

3. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

Yup, took Dr, Johnny Nanagas - former DOH unsecretary and an ophthalmologist like you - and a shooter like you - to the old (indoor) Northstar, and he did make a comment about their providing (at that time) noncoated, naked lead-bullet reloads.

The ventilation was pretty bad in those days too.

4. jasonub

jasonub

i suggest you shoot in an open range,. lead levels mo tataas sa indoor range(baaad)

Lito owns true power and ok dapat ang reloading niya or puputaktihin namin siya ng asar:supergrin:

5. RATRAT

RATRAT

I use True Power's teflon heads P6 each so far okay naman,pansin ko lang mas malakas putok ng Fmj reload ng Armscor at P7 each/member and P10 non-member price!!If Glock baril mo best na yang dalawang yan!!:)

Band of Glockers #423
    For I shall equalize”– Glock 17

6. wingz

wingz speed not power

oo nga sir, actually gusto ko ring makapasyal sa ibang range dito sa manila to try it in the open, maybe i'll try it next time after na makapasyal ako sa true power to buy reloads. thanks . :cool:

7. wingz

wingz speed not power

i heard from other local shooters that glocks are sensitive and prone to jammings when fired from reloaded ammos. so if armscor fmj reloads are doing well on glocks, i guess there will be no problem at all with my tanfoglio. :cool:

8. wingz

wingz speed not power

copy sir. but with my wife's State of Emergency Address; a state of martial law is prevailing in our house right now :supergrin: . over spenders will be prosecuted and will be thrown out of the room anytime:outtahere:. so i have to find the means to cut down my shooting expenses.
    BTW sir; this bad smell coming from the teflon reloads, does it cause any medical problem when prolonged inhalation occurs? thanks.

9. vega

vega

Not only Glocks. If your reloaded ammos are not within specs it will give you problems.

10. jhun

jhun

Budget consideration.....

don't forget about the 2 pesos corkage if you bring your own bullets on an indoor range.

11. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

Ok reloads sa Practical Shooters Supply sa Sucat. Thats where I have my reloads done. Out of around 6000 rounds, 5 palang ang malfunctions ko. Buntis shells lang.

12. wingz

wingz speed not power

does it apply to range members as well?

13. wingz

wingz speed not power

what kind of reloads are you using sir?

14. SMBeerDealer

SMBeerDealer Member

Lead realoads from PSS (True Weight) are too soft and their teflon is too thin, they scratch off easily. Their TMJ's are pretty good. Also, tell them to clean your shells as they wouldn't if you don't specify it.

OT: Sir, since you're near the Sucat area. Try to check out our Gun Club and indoor firing range, CPPSA at 25 Presiden't Ave, BF. We have reasonably priced reloading services too for members. ;)

15. wingz

wingz speed not power

thanks for the info sir. actually i reside in makati but work here in sucat, given the time, i'll drop by in your range. personally sir thanks sa leather buffer tip which i am now using during dryfire. i made three from my old jeans' leather patch, bore a hole in it and i'm on. to make sure na makapal pa yung leather that i'm using, nilalagyan ko ng pentel pen marking yung firing pin head, para alam ko na di inaabot ng hammer slam. :cool: :cool:

16. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

in my experience, 9mm glocks are no problem with reloads. have a blowout in my g21, seen a friends g23 split open;f

17. jhun

jhun

When I asked Karen before, she told me that even members have to pay the corkage.

Last Sunday, I tried using Armscor's FMJ reloads, kelangan lang e-gauge, out of 150, 35 are buntis...papalitan naman nila.

18. wingz

wingz speed not power

A si karen pala nagsbi, ok sir thanks sa info. :cool:

19. SMBeerDealer

SMBeerDealer Member

To make sure the hammer isn't striking the firing pin, with the leather swatch in place point the gun upwards (assuming you have already cleared it), insert a pencil eraser end first into the barrel then squeeze the trigger. If the pencil does not move upward, the hammer isn't striking the firing pin. ;)

20. vega

vega

Mongol No. 2