Glock Talk banner

Reloading Primers...

1060 Views 13 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  fredj338
Hey Fellas, I wasn't sure where to post this, but I just wanted to announce that if you are looking for primers Natchez has plenty of them right now. Good luck!
Reactions: papershoot
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
40,439 Posts
Inflation & outsourcing. Some of the priming compound matl comes from China. The ammo manuf have no problem selling ammo. Most primers are going to ammo. Its getting better but we arent there yet. Anyone believing we’ll see $30 primers again, uh no. Inflation does that. Thank your govt, they are the drivers of inflation. If you voted Biden, shut up & take it, your fault. Though Rep are guilty as well.

· Registered
33,962 Posts
Inflation & outsourcing. Some of th priming compound matl comes from China. The ammo manuf have no problem selling ammo. Most primers are going to ammo. Its getting better but we arent there yet. Anyone believing we’ll see $30 primers again, uh no. Inflation does that. Thank your govt, they are the drivers of inflation. If you voted Biden, shut up & take it, your fault. Though Rep are guilty as well.
Biden, Trump, Obama, Bush, Congress.... all of them spend like drunken sailors. Don't try to push the blame off on one side or the other.

Slope Font Rectangle Geological phenomenon Plot

· Registered
9,076 Posts
Low volume shooter here still sitting on close to 30k primers. I have not been following primer prices recently, but it seems to be trending better. Imported primers are showiing on Ammoseek for 7.5 cents. Ginex SPP are good to go in my experience. Zincpoint has Servicios y Aventuras made in Argentina, but seems to have a monopoly on selling them in the US. I remember them being 12 cents or better. The ZSR primers are made in Turkey.

These imports should help hold our overall prices down. Some commodity prices, like copper, moved into a bear market last month. In the past year, the dollar has doubled in value to the Turkish lire and is up significantly against the Argentine peso and euro. The off shore manufacturers should be able to make a healthy profit with lower primer prices.

· Registered
3,636 Posts
So, did the wholesale price for primers triple during covid, or did all the retailers decide they may as well make the $ the people who would otherwise buy and resell them would make if they sold them at "normal" prices during a shortage?
Its been a number of decades now but I vaguely remember that “Economics“ was a mandatory class in High school.

They had a theory, actually I think it was a law, concerning the interaction between the sellers resource (product) and the buyers resource (money) AKA “Supply and demand”.

So if the seller has less to sell, the prices go up.

If millions are sent free money, they didn’t earn, prices go up.

If the free money came from the .gov just printing it, that’s called inflation and the price for everything goes up.

We have the trifecta.

· Registered
851 Posts
Its been a number of decades now but I vaguely remember that “Economics“ was a mandatory class in High school.

They had a theory, actually I think it was a law, concerning the interaction between the sellers resource (product) and the buyers resource (money) AKA “Supply and demand”.

So if the seller has less to sell, the prices go up.

If millions are sent free money, they didn’t earn, prices go up.

If the free money came from the .gov just printing it, that’s called inflation and the price for everything goes up.

We have the trifecta.
Its been a little over 40 years ago, but in my high school, they called it ‘General Business’ and it was required. There was an essay question about inflation and my response was something like, “Well, you defined inflation as ‘too much money chasing too few goods.’ There might be some legitimate shortages, but that doesn’t explain how too much money is in a system with too few goods. When people demand to get paid more- from presidents down to line workers- for producing less, that causes both problems. Even worse, when more and more people don’t produce ANYTHING that you can eat, drive, wear, live in… that’s got to be a problem?” I got a C- on the quiz, and she wrote “A lot of BS” on the question.

Surely there are lots of reasons and explanations, but in our ‘information economy’ with more and more people selling something that isn’t theirs and getting paid to produce nothing, that’s got to be part of the problem.

· Registered
40,439 Posts
Biden, Trump, Obama, Bush, Congress.... all of them spend like drunken sailors. Don't try to push the blame off on one side or the other.

View attachment 1090391
Sure, said Rep can share blame, but study history, every failed social program ever started was by a Dem. Rabid inflation always comes after massive spending. Yes, both sides spend but Dems waste more On failed social programs to buy votes. Consider Biden spent in just one year & we got what? LBJ has almost single handedly destroyed our economy with welfare, food stamps & medicare programs, $15T, 1/2 our debt. Yeah i can & have chosen a sides.

• Love
Reactions: 2LEngineer
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.