Reloading pick up Range Brass

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by rocket69, Jan 30, 2020.

1. oldan

oldan

Don't think so. Used to be a painter among other things. I have a life time supply of 5G buckets.

2. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

I don't even pay attention.
    40, it's all my reloads and if it get mixed with others on pickup, guess what I load it.
    If it ain't split when it hits the shellplate, it's getting loaded.

when I start loading 9 same will apply.

I used to seperate my 10MM, due to higher octane rating, and keep track of how many loads, etc. but that's for the birds too. Way too much to keep up on, especially when I go in half year lulls of not reloading. I will only shoot my 10, though, and it's all starline so easy to keep track of. and a few underwood cases.

When I loaded sig I noticed S/B and Speer cases had stupidly tight primer pockets, to the point of being unable to load them. they were scrapped.

3. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

See, you're already ahead of the game! Just add a little brass after every outing and those buckets will fill up quickly.

When my wife started shooting .40, we didn't have any ammo or brass. So, over a couple of months, we bought a couple of thousand rounds from Wally World - all nice clean Federal. Given this stash, we were on our way. A short time later, somebody donated a bucket full of once-fired .40 and now we're set for life. Primarily because she has migrated to 9mm with her new P365. I shoot up some of the .40 from time to time but I actually prefer .45 ACP.