close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Reloading for Sig 220 and SW MP9 a few questions

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by kc lefty, Feb 6, 2010.

1. kc lefty

kc lefty

Gents,

Need a little help here. I am not new to reloading but I am NEW to both of these guns. I only have a couple of quick questions that maybe some of you can answer.

First, what type of rifling do the Sig 220 and SW MP9 have? Are they standard or polygonal (like a glock)? Obvioulsy the SIG is a 45 and the MP is a 9mm.

Someone told me that Sig is a standard (normal rifling) and that looks correct to me. The MP does looking polygonal. Please let me know what type of rifling in each.

I typically only shoot lead in my 1911's and copper in my glocks. IF the SIG is standard rifling, I know that I can shoot lead and that is what I want to do. I will load copper berrys for the MP anyhow.

I am mainly concerned with the SIG dont wanna goof anything up.

Lastly, IF I can load lead, I typically load 200gr SWC's what type of bullet profile do you guys shoot.

Thanks

2. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15

they are both standard. I shoot lead in my Mp9 all the time. you might have a problem with Swc in that 220 depending on how old it is. Some of the older ones have feeding problems with them

3. kc lefty

kc lefty

Sir,

thanks for your help. that is what I needed to know.

i can change the bullet profile for the 220 just wanted to make sure i was getting the correct material before I went with a differnt profile.

I will try running some swc's through it set a little deeper like 1.23 OAL which has really helped in 1911 feeding.

thanks again for your time.

4. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15

No problem. I have shot some of the 200 rn and 225 fp from this company in my g21 and 1911 with good success. I made light load lead 9mm 122 fp and 125gr rn from this company and they were very accurate. The 147gr,while a great way to make power factor with a light load,was all over the place..

http://twoalphabullets.com/Products.htm

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  5. kc lefty

kc lefty

hey thanks.

how fast are they in delivery? I dont live far from from IA.

they look like what I typically use. i use berrys for the glocks and MO bullet company for my 1911's.

115 or 124 gr barrys RN's of FP's and 200 gr LWSC's for my 1911's

I assume I will load either 200 RNFP's for the 220.

We will give it whirl and see.

Thanks for your help.

6. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15

they are very fast. Usually get mine in a week to 10 days and that includes the time for my check to get there.

They are great bullets.

Have fun and enjoy.