close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Reloaded Ammunition?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DanaT, Apr 22, 2007.

1. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

The current rules state the following:

"Reloaded or commercially remanufactured ammunition may not meet Small Arms Ammunition and Manufacturers Institute (SAAMI) specifications and may be extremely dangerous. The warranty on
    your GLOCK firearm is void if you use reloaded ammunition. With reloaded ammunition, there is no way to verify the standards used by the reloader. Be aware that many brands of imported ammunition are not manufactured to SAAMI specifications. The quality of such ammunition can vary widely."

So my question is:

Is reloaded ammuntion allowed or not at a GSSF shoot? I have competed in IDPA (no restrictions on reloads) but want to attedn the GSSF shoot this summer. I have never participated in a GSSF shoot. I am just wondering if I need to have commercial ammo only (I really don't like commercial ammo in 10mm for competition as a 135gr at 1250ft/sec works very well).

Shooting 9mm with factory ammo is fine though.

TIA
    -Dana

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Yes it is legal. IF you have a malfunction you may not be given a reshoot if you are using reloads. I a guessing that probably 60% of all GSSF Shooters use their reloads.

3. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

If you try to ban reloads, all you get is reloads in factory boxes.

GSSF is part of Glock, Inc. What you quoted is Glock's warranty policy concerning reloads. Use them and you void the warranty. No more, no less. It does NOT say you cannot use them. It simply says that if you DO use them, it is at your own risk.

Sounds reasonable to me.

As far as GSSF is concerned, so long as you don't use tracers, armor piercing, incendiary, or anything else that is either going to start grass fires or damage the steel targets you can use whatever works in your guns at a GSSF match.

4. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

really? :crying:

AP's, on the other hand, are useful after-the-fact as an excuse for why my plates didn't fall down when I thought they should've. :clown:

:patriot:

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

This is a VERY reasonable approach. Thanks for the post Norske. Perhaps this should be made a "Sticky" as many times as the question has been asked and answered. What do you think DannyR?