reload question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by olefirefighter, Feb 23, 2010.

1. olefirefighter

olefirefighter

I have a 27 since about 1997 and it shoots great - I have used reloads on and off since new and both fmj and lead round nose...

Yes, I have read that using reloads voids warr and can cause problems..

I have always been very careful and actually load mild

So, Qustion - what really is the reason Glocks says to Not use lead or reloads??

am I setting my self up for a major problem - just trying to understand the 'real' issue

2. voyager4520

voyager4520

It's a liability issue. If you know what you're doing, there's no problem reloading for a Glock. I'd only use the brass once as a precaution, but I don't know much about reloading.

The unjacketed lead bullets on the other hand, polygonal rifled barrels such as the stock Glock barrel don't handle lead build up very well and pressure levels can get dangerous when shooting unjacketed lead. If you want to shoot unjacketed lead, you could use an aftermarket barrel with traditional rifling.

Shooting unjacketed lead also voids the warranty, as does using any aftermarket part that affects function. So an aftermarket barrel as well would void the warranty.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

New ammo manufacturers must comply with strict industry standards. There are no industry standards for reloaded ammo. No firearms manufacturer will warrant their product against non-industry regulated ammo and that is regardless of whether it is a basement reload or a commercial reload.

4. tlen

tlen

5. olefirefighter

olefirefighter

I have been using

http://www.precisionbullets.com/

mild load only and so far NO problems..

I did look at both Jarvis and Briley

Briley $180 + $125 to fit

Jarvis $200 + $45 to fit.

I Might look at the Jarvis.

Need to look really close at my 27 barrel and see what if any lead build up.... The above bullets are hard coated and shoot nice for plinking and that is all I use the reloads for.

Thanks for all the advice. Have been thinking of a 21 but now I may have to re-think that ??