close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Reload info

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by hagan34, Aug 31, 2011.

1. hagan34

hagan34

sorry if this is been posted before.

those of you that reload I was wondering if you would share your load data with us, or is this like asking a rib joint for tactics techniques and procedures?

was hoping to at least get those of you that cast your bullets to share some info on that....

2. mike g35

mike g35

I would like to get this data to for when I start reloading. I need some "recipes" for the following:
    40 major and 40 minor / 9mm major and 9mm minor
    Thanks.

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

go to the reloading forum here or at Brian Enos, you'll find a lot of competition loads from Brian Enos.

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Every GSSF reloader that I know uses jacketed bullets.

5. 21 shooter

21 shooter

There is a lot of info here in the Reloading section, and as ede stated, there is a wealth of info at brianenos.com. As to bullets, a lot of folks use moly-coated bullets from Bearcreek and a few other sources. With the current spike in price jacketed bullets are way out of my reach.

6. mike g35

mike g35

Is there a advantage to moly coated bullets over jacketed or vice versa? I could care less about price I just want to shoot whatever is the best. What about the solid copper bullets? Are they worth looking into?

7. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

As far as I am concerned the absolute best for the price are Xtreme Bullets at: http://www.xtremebullets.com/. They are consistant, accurate and clean shooting. Yes, they are plated bullets.

Don

8. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Listen to Don. Other good choices are Montana Gold and Remington Match 147-gr.

9. yobohadi

yobohadi Peon Trainee

I guess I am an exception (although you don't know me so your statement is still true) I actually cast, size, and load my own lead bullets in 40 and 45 for the GSSF matches and all my shooting with good results. note: the pistols handle the lead well with no leading, but the shooter has not done his part to win at a match yet. :)

10. mike g35

mike g35

Thanks Don and thank you to Danny. I am laying off of buying guns and buying a Dillon 650 so I can load for my father and myself. I already got some very useful information from Ron about how to reload and it looks very easy so now all I need is some load info.. I bought a Nosler reloading manual and I am reading it now. They must not be much of a handgun bullet company, theres no load data for the .38 super anywhere in the manual. I also need to find a good way to build a bench or find one already built. I got some good ideas for a bench already but I would really like to hear opinions on this from you GSSF shooters.

11. rpgman

rpgman SCGLOCK

Sams Club sells a nice bench for $200.00 that some from Brian's Forums have used.

Brian has some examples within his forum of reloaders benches that they have posted.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5485

Greg

12. Noponer

Noponer

You will probably get better pricing on Xtreme & Berry's bullets at T J Conevera than ordering them direct from the maker. He sells them & a few others. Sometimes he runs specials.

I have had good luck dealing with him the few times I ordered. Here's a link:

www.tjconevera.com

13. yobohadi

yobohadi Peon Trainee

I cast, but I don't really like to post load data. I will tell you I use a Lee TL 401-175 SWC bullet mold, water dropped wheel weight alloy, sized to .401 using Alox bullet lube and keep my loads on the lower end of the load data range with great results and no leading. I have well over 2000 bullets down the barrel of my G22 without cleaning the barrel and it is practically spotless, the only issue I have is with the carbon buildup in the chamber that will need to be cleaned before my next GSSF match.

Check out http://castboolits.gunloads.com there are tons of casting and reloading data in the forums and there is a great deal of load data in the castpics area (there is a link/button at the bottom of the castboolits page)

14. mike g35

mike g35

Thanks for the link. Anyone have any opinions on using once fired brass? I see that its pretty cheap but I wanted to know if it was worth getting.

15. mike g35

mike g35

By the way, sorry hagan34, I think I hijacked your thread. My bad.

16. rpgman

rpgman SCGLOCK

just start collecting ur spent brass...
    or look for others that will maybe give u their brass if you offer to reload some for them.
    Greg

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  17. yobohadi

yobohadi Peon Trainee

I pick up any brass left by people at the range, but you can also buy it in bulk for a decent price in the classified sections of this and other gun/shooting related forums.

Personally I never give/sell/trade my reloads. For one I don't have an FFL to legally sell or trade them and secondly you are legally responsible for any ammo related injury/damage to the shooter or gun.

18. rpgman

rpgman SCGLOCK

yea, forgot to add that.

most of my brass comes from a private range, where the person that owns the range, is a CWP instructor, Security Guard instructor NRA Pistol and Rifle instructor, etc and has police forces use his range, gets some of my reloads.

I know I could be lible, but I've known him for years and years.
    Greg

19. trlcavscout

trlcavscout

I just ordered 1k of 124gr from precision delta for $5 more :rofl:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  20. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh

If you are shooting 1500 rounds a month, you should have oodles of brass.