Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for feedback or suggestions on a new PCC that accepts Glock magazines (9mm). I want something reliable and eats all types of ammunition. I’ve been looking at Foxtrot Mike, Freedom Ordnance FX-9, and the Ruger PC- Charger. I think Aero Precision is also releasing one the next month as well. Any reviews or suggestions would be fantastic. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Ruger, or KelTec Sub 2000

·
Registered
13,558 Posts
I have the FX 9 and it runs well. Also have a Stag I build with TacSol upper that runs good.

Reactions: HardlyAble2

·
MacGyver
7,589 Posts
I have a Glock 19 or 23 I can put inside a MicroRoni frame, with folding brace that has a WML, and redot...turns it into a very neat PCC. Runs great. Tiny footprint.

My Keltech Sub2K works fine too, but doesn't fold too well with a red dot mounted.

·
Registered
10,628 Posts
I’d suggest the Ruger or the Extar EP-9.

I had a Kel-tec for a while but sold it because it’s an ergonomic dog that can’t accept optics without buying more aftermarket parts. Cool idea. Terrible execution. Stay away.

I’d go with the Ruger carbine over the Charger. The Charger has only a 6.5” barrel. Barely over regular handgun length.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I have a Ruger PCC. "I want something reliable and eats all types of ammunition."
It does just that. I had a Sub 2000 it was kind of ammo picky with light loads. After buying the Ruger I sold the Sub 2000.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
I have a Ruger PCC. "I want something reliable and eats all types of ammunition."
It does just that. I had a Sub 2000 it was kind of ammo picky with light loads. After buying the Ruger I sold the Sub 2000.

Ruger PCC agreed.

Mine eats even nasty Tula steel case and runs like a cat with it's tail on fire. $400 bucks makes the choice simple.

Only issues I've heard about were with KCI mags but I only run Glock OEM and have experienced none.

20200413_175149.jpg

·
Registered
14,702 Posts
There are literally dozens of Glock mag PCCs available now. If you want to play at the lower end of the price range, I'd get a full-size Ruger PC-9. For $450 dollars it's hard to beat. The charger should be just as reliable, but will be over $800 with some kind of brace.

·
Da Da
7,210 Posts
I've had the Aero and the Ruger PCC. Both were reliable and accurate.

Prefer the Ruger overal.

·
Question Everything
546 Posts
I've had the Ruger PCC since about 3 months after they first came out. It is been rock solid. Accurate, totally 100% reliable with everything from WWB to aggressive hollow points, and it is always a hit at the range or in the wild... everyone wants to shoot it and nobody wants to put it down. The boss lady can shoot the hair off a flies upper lip at 30 yards with it and keeps it in the master bedroom for those bumps in the night. I put the Glock magwell in it literally while it was still in the box and have used both glock and magpul mags of various sizes (17, 19, 21, 24, & 33) without any issues at all EVER. I'm a ballistics snob and have a hard time making the case for pistol caliber carbines... but damn... they are so easy to shoot accurately, they are significantly quieter indoors than rifle calibers, follow up shots are a breeze, and any trained member of the household can shoot them confidently with a little bit of work.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I only have had experience with the Ruger PCC, and have had no issues with it using all kinds of ammo and shooting at least 1000 rounds. Not a hiccup ever.

·
Registered
10,628 Posts
I'm a ballistics snob and have a hard time making the case for pistol caliber carbines... but damn... they are so easy to shoot accurately, they are significantly quieter indoors than rifle calibers, follow up shots are a breeze, and any trained member of the household can shoot them confidently with a little bit of work.
Doesn’t sound to me like you’re having a tough time making the case at all.

Sounds to me like you understand the utility of a PCC as an excellent HD tool perfectly.

What hits the hardest is not always the only criteria that matters. Otherwise we’d all be using .308 battle rifles or more for HD.

Right tool for the right job.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I’ve got my eyes on the CMMG Banshee (10mm version) read and watched about every review on it and it seems like the one for me. At $1200 it’s expensive, but that’s just a stimulus check . I’ve shot the Ruger pcc, great shooting gun but a little heavy and big for what I want.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I appreciate all of the great info! I do like the Ruger PC with the folding stock and free float handguard.
I like the “look” and feel of the FX-9, but I’m not sure how well it compares to the Ruger. There are so many choices, and I appreciate all of the suggestions!

·
Registered
21,737 Posts
I’d suggest the Ruger or the Extar EP-9.

I had a Kel-tec for a while but sold it because it’s an ergonomic dog that can’t accept optics without buying more aftermarket parts. Cool idea. Terrible execution. Stay away.

I’d go with the Ruger carbine over the Charger. The Charger has only a 6.5” barrel. Barely over regular handgun length.
I agree with going with the Ruger or Extar. The new Ruger Charger is a great looking gun.

Kel tec is doing an updated model of the Sub2K that rotates to solve the optic issue when folding.

·
Banned
547 Posts

·
MacGyver
7,589 Posts

Lots of little parts, and steps, to turn a working Glock pistol into this contraption, and back again. The Micro Roni is much easier to convert a naked Glock19/23 or 17/22 into a PCC, then back, tool-lessly, no allen wrench to lose....

Both work. The MicroRoni costs about $150 depending on the model and add ons, you supply the pistol and mags.

·
Banned
547 Posts
Lots of little parts, and steps, to turn a working Glock pistol into this contraption, and back again. The Micro Roni is much easier to convert a naked Glock19/23 or 17/22 into a PCC, then back, tool-lessly, no allen wrench to lose....

Both work. The MicroRoni costs about $150 depending on the model and add ons, you supply the pistol and mags.
It takes only one retention screw to lock it up.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts