Reliable, inexpensive light to mount on my Glock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TFin04, Jul 31, 2007.

1. TFin04

TFin04

Looking to mount a light on my Glock as a nightstand gun. I don't need anything super duper ultra mega shine through the guys head bright. Just something compact, reliable and bright enough to see with in the dark.

I'm seeing a few that seem to fit the bill for $100. Are there cheaper options than that? A reliable flashlight can be found for $10, what makes them $90 more when they have a rail mount molded into them?

Thanks!

2. RacingGLOCK35

RacingGLOCK35 Iceman Killeth

Go for a glock rail light..cheaper than surefire and works just fine.

3. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

I agree about the glock light. It works good for me. Only complaint I have with it is after spending time with it on the gun at the range, it gets a film on it that is nearly impossible to get off.

4. RacingGLOCK35

RacingGLOCK35 Iceman Killeth

talking about on the polymer itself right? the lens isnt hard to get clean...i actually had a surefire for a shor period of time and found it to be a pain to get some stuff off of it but not off the lens.

5. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

I'm talking about the lens itself. I've tried several different things and nothing has worked. The carbon comes off no problem but there is still a film on it but it doesn't affect the light brightness or anything. What are you using to clean with?

6. aaronrkelly

aaronrkelly

My wife has me using Magic Erasers on damn near everything, its amazing stuff - might work.

7. ReAX222

ReAX222

I have had the older model glock light (not long enough to run through any batteries), I have an M3 (it ate a $8 set of batteries every 30 days wether I used it or not) and I have a surefire X200. The surefire is a year old and still running the original batteries, so that's $76 in my favor already compaired against the M3.

LED is the way to go unless you like buying CR123s.