Released from the team

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by bdcochran, Aug 5, 2020.

1. bdcochran

bdcochran

dailycaller.com/2020/08/03/report-washington-state-players-released-kassidy-woods/

I think that the coach came up with a best solution to football players wanting to sit out AND also the football players threatening a strike.

The students keep their scholarships. They are released from the team - meaning that they can not practice with the team or hang out in the locker room.

Without having any facts, I think that the players who already opted out are the guys who take time to make decisions.

Conversely, the ones making demands and threatening a strike don't make good decisions. It debatable how many of the second group will be around next year trying to make the team roster.

2. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs

3. Dirty bird

Dirty bird

I hate the NCAA with a bloody passion!

4. Taz

Taz

Ha! If they can’t use team facilities they won’t have access to their tutors. Let’s see how long they manage to stay in school.

larry_minn and jr24 like this.
  5. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

I only played HS football, basketball... the Coach Was the boss. You did what they said. Without complaint in public. Or you quit. I was with College Basketball program till 3rd round cuts. Where the coach went over requirements to be on the team. He asked anyone not willing to commit 100% to please remove themselves before he did final cuts. So someone who was willing wouldn’t get cut.
    I still want to know if I would have survived the cut. But you respect the coach. (Even if you never intended to play for him)
    I was a walk on, heard about it couple days before.
    The coaches needed to send every player to locker room who kneeled during National Anthem. Next practice. Laps, quarter courts. Told “show respect to the flag, those who died to give you this life.... or turn your gear in today”