Rejection in asking for a date

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by bdcochran, Jun 5, 2020.

1. slym2none

slym2none

[​IMG]

2. bdcochran

bdcochran

Ready for another one?

I am informally dating a woman living in a dormitory. I show up. The ambient temperature is below freezing and it is in the middle of the summer. She is not going out with me. Ok. I shrug my shoulders and figure that I have missed a bullet.

A few hours later, I decide that I should talk to her roommate. Whatever I had done was poisonous and I needed to change. So, I show up and ask. "She saw you going out with another woman". I muse out loud. I had gone out with my sister on Thursday. Oh, well so much for crazies.

A hour later she shows up at my dorm room with a glass of orange juice. I guess I should have shut the door on her. Oh well . . . we ended up getting married. Yep. They choose, not you.

Willard and light-switch like this.

3. Rotn1

Rotn1

Rub the tip of your nose with your tongue. They will be lined up at your door.

4. DAKA

DAKA

FREE food...(fixed it for ya)

'Ol Grandad likes this.
  5. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

I loved getting rejected. I preferred when it was a few days later. Miss the good days.

bdcochran and Doc Holliday like this.
  6. jfusaro

jfusaro

I maybe crazy. I worked on a woman on and off for almost 1 year. I knew she was the one. Same social circle. No cell phones, no internet, no dating apps. Had to get the #, call, talk and it worked.
    Fast forward together 29 married 27, 2 great kids, house full of cats and 1 chihuahua.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  7. GlockFan7

GlockFan7

I never really enjoyed the dating game and had taken a break for a while. My wife and I met through one of my sisters. Not a date, just a chance meeting. A few days later, my wife asked me out for our first date. When I called to ask her out for a second date, she beat me to it and asked me out again. While we were at it, I went ahead and asked for a third date. We've been steady since.

ithaca_deerslayer and jfusaro like this.
  8. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

No need to even ask if you can get the woman of your dreams into the Wedding Bag".

[​IMG]

PBCounty likes this.
  9. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

I ran out of Free Drinks and Dinner for the ladies a long time ago...only suckahs get played like that. I'll bet some women don't even buy groceries.

Kawabuggy and Ghost doctor like this.
  10. Hannie Caulder

Hannie Caulder Diva extraordinaire

This is what I have a problem with. I like men. Between waitressing in HS and working for Daddy during the summers, I probably spent more time around men than other girls. I have had male friends that I wasn't physically attracted to, but liked to spend time with. One time a guy friend (and dive buddy) I knew for a long time confessed to me (after a few beers at the Tiki Bar) that he always wanted to sleep with me. I didn't know what to say. I laughed as if it was a joke, but I knew he wasn't kidding. After that it was very uncomfortable being around him, because I didn't want to mislead him. I felt bad about it, and to this day wonder if he liked me as a friend or just because of the way I look.

But we never let on that you're being chased LOL.

You must be a real lady killer.

LOL

Ok, I admit I laughed at that one.

11. flyover

flyover

My last girlfriend left me.....

Somehow she got out of the cage....:couch:

12. Aurora

Aurora

This reminds me of an older woman I know who lives out in the country with about 15 cats that she adopted. One day a new cat shows up that wanted to stay so she started feeding it. Trouble was, the cat seemed scared and skittish and would not let her pet or pick it up. Getting affection from her pets was one of the reasons she adopts them so she was considering not feeding it anymore.

I suggested that she be patient and more or less ignore the new cat since it seemed scared. Let the new cat see how well it's peers were treated; they all get fed, get attention and seem to be pretty happy with the situation.

It worked out great. Woman had a new cat to hug and cat got a good home. The new cat turned out to be deaf so that explained a lot of it's behavior.

Dealing with women is a lot like dealing with those cats. One sees what the other has and wants it too - which is why they like married men. They also listen to and copy their friends far, far more than men do. If one of them does something (for better or for worse) then their friends will be considering it as well.

So yes, women may "choose" but knowing a little about the how and why can help a lot.

My opinions, respectfully submitted.

V.

Kawabuggy likes this.
  13. rotorhead1026

rotorhead1026

You’ll find out where your “victim” likes to hang out, and magically turn up there, repeatedly. The ploy becomes pretty transparent eventually, especially when the place is, say, the cordless drill section at Lowe’s. :D

14. Hannie Caulder

Amateur tactics.
    LOL

15. sourdough44

sourdough44

Chicks like $$$, flash it.

16. bgirls

bgirls

Jet her off to Bonaire!!!

Hannie Caulder likes this.
  17. Eagle54

Eagle54

Worst story ever. As I was reading I was hoping you would have said "ok, just one time I'll make your dreams come true." :D

18. Hannie Caulder

I know you're joking.

Seriously, I even felt a little guilty wondering how I might have misled him. I never dressed up or wore makeup around him.

19. Eagle54

Eagle54

Well, you definitely should not go into a career writing romance novels. LOL :highfive:

Hannie Caulder likes this.
  20. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

Unless they are gay, probably all men want to sleep with you.

Any guy friend you've ever had likely falls into one of those two categories.

Budqweiser, Willard, Z71bill and 2 others like this.