close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

regarding jam..... normal or not?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by ego1911, Feb 5, 2006.

1. ego1911

ego1911

I fired 2000 rounds, but I noticed minsan nag jam yung baril ko minsan wala namang jam. I asked the RO kung bakit nag ja jam sabi niya sa bala daw, bulging daw kasi. I also noticed after na pina hard chrome ko minsan hindi bumabalik agad yung slide, dahil ba sa sobrang higpit nung fitting from slide to frame or kulang sa langis? Normal ba na minsan mag jam yung baril? Minsan sa 150 rounds walang jam minsan naman sa 100 rounds may isa or dalawang beses na mag jam. Normal ba to? Sir Vega, sinunud ko yung suggestion mo to open a new thread regarding my question. Thanks in advance:)

2. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

What type of jam o jams?

On mine, the last time it jammed (FTE) that I knew was gun-related (or more like operator-related kasi kinalikot ko extractor eh...;f) was my level 3, Iligan match. That was, teka...several K rounds ago na yata.

Any gun-related jam is defintely NOT normal. However, it's also a fact that for some gun setups, ammo selection can be critical to it's reliability.;)

3. isuzu

isuzu

Ego,

Was your gun's fit already tight before you had it chromed? What brand of 1911 do you have? What recoil spring rating do you use? Do you use conventional or variable rating recoil spring?

US Special Forces gunsmith Larry Vickers once said that fit "shouldn't be too loose or too tight, just right."

I've seen his work on a Springfield Armory 1911, and it was a very simple, and a very practical carry pistol.

4. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Failure to Eject?
    Failure to Extract?
    Failure to Chamber? (Tip up? Tip down? Stem Bind?)

Firearm type?
    Ammo used?

:cool:

5. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

SAM pistol yan? most prob. it is bullet related. cull your old shells and keep track of the newer ones and how many times they've been reloaded. get a quality bullet gauge and use it for your reloads.

6. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

If you tend to get really pissed off by FTEs/FTFs/FTCs/all other kinds of malfunctions, consider a high capacity revolver. 7 or 8 magnum rounds for sure. Gravity-feed reload, albeit usually somewhat slower than a magazine reload. Then another 7-8 for sure.

If you stick to semi-autos, well, the Glock feeds better than the 1911 generally.

7. vega

vega

You have to tell us what kind of jam. You said buntis na bala, pero kung pumapasok naman sa chamber hindi dapat problema yon. You mentioned on the other thread you used FMJ, I assumed you meant factory load, pero may jam pa rin. Baka naman operator problem. I suggest you chamber load your ammo prior to shooting para ma-eliminate yung buntis. We really need to know what kind of jam.

Hindi bumabalik yung slide, meaning after shooting a round naka open pa rin? Pag ba nilagyan ng langis naka lock-up pa rin? Kung mahigpit ang fitting it will eventually loosen up.

vega

8. ego1911

ego1911

failure to eject, naka chamber yung bala hindi mailabas sa barrel, pinuk pok pa nga ng RO yung ulo ng bala para lumabas, two times nangyari. Sa bala ba talaga dipirensya nun?

9. ego1911

ego1911

10. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Teka, teka...

Is the bullet getting lodged in the barrel,
    or is it the brass casing ("basyo") hgetting stuck in the chamber?
    Both, maybe?

The latter would be a failure-to-extract.
    A bullet lodged in the barrel is often a result of a
    weak powder charge, or even a case failure during ignition.
    Bala ang palpak in either case.

11. ego1911

ego1911

12. ego1911

ego1911

It's the bullet getting lodged in the barrel, kasi ayaw ng bumababa yung hammer then nung inaalis namin di namin maalis kailangan pang pukpukin palabas yung bala. Is it the bala?

13. ego1911

ego1911

Yes doc_ec SAM, remember last year I posted the picture of my newly acquired SAM falcon for some suggestions/comments. This is the same gun I'm talking too. After 1,500 rounds medyo may alog yung fitting niya, so I brought it to Col. bayang to modify the handle katulad nung kay Oliver and had it chromed then I fired another 500 rounds. Pero minsan yung slide kailangan mo pang itulak forward para bumalik is it because it's too tight or kunlang sa langis?

14. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

oversized yung bullet head

15. ego1911

ego1911

Sa factory load walang jam. That's what I noticed. When I went home sinubukan kong lagyan ng langis okay naman.

16. ego1911

ego1911

doc_ec what's the standard size of a bullet? How many times will I have it reloaded?

17. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

ang .45 shells tumatagal kasi low pressure round naman. kahit siguro 10-20 times mo ipa-reload. but if you use a tumbler with abrasive media to clean the brass, you'll notice that the case body and rims start to get rounded and thin out. duon ka pwede mag failure to extract if the extractor slips off the rim.

sometimes, with locally made jacketed heads, sobrang kapal ang plating that the heads become more than .45 in. in size. magbabara yun sa barrel chamber

18. ego1911

ego1911

Thanks, doc_ec.

19. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Aha, buntis yata bala mo. 'Di maganda yung resizer na ginagamit ng reloader mo. Kelangan mo ng reloader na gumagamit ng undersized na re-sizing die.

Or do what the majority does, mag-gauge ka ng bala bago mo iputok sa baril mo. Next time mey jam uli dahil buntis, keep the bala. Punta ka gunstore tapos sukat mo sa gauge na available sa kanila. Dala ka rin ng bala na okay for comparison purposes. Make sure the gauge accepts your normal ammo at hindi dun sa buntis.

Or you can use your barrel instead as gauge. Kaso hassel tanggal-kabit sa baril yung ganito eh.;)

Goodluck.

20. st. matthew

st. matthew c_w@_u_need_2_c

mapili ba ang shuemann barrels? had a problem with my para .40 cal., jams when using a new fmj armscor bullet but is ok with a wad lead reloads.