close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Regarding Alex/Allie/RooMouse

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by MB-G26, Feb 12, 2010.

1. MB-G26

MB-G26 Non-existent STUPID GURL Lifetime Member

Subject line edit: it's RooMOOSE, not Roo mouse :upeyes
    This is the original thead: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1170496&highlight=Alex

A very deep and heartfelt thanks!! to (including and apologies to anyone I missed):
    Paw & Maw;JimBianchi; gruntmedic/Deke; Cubdriver; The Very Idea ; m2hmghb/Scott; gwal; JJS/
    HandyMan Hugh; Bob/True Believer; sawgrass; Ossi; RedHaze; tbhracing (who worries too much about his GT personna); alphacat; Mushinto; Chuck TX; MrsKitty/Jen; Lone_Wolfe/Shay......
    huskerbuttons; Okie; DustyJacket, (yup, yah got that right babe); NYC Drew; Z1232K Nicko
    '33; AKguy; 23skidoo; GlockerMike; costanza187; Aldebaran; Unlocked; Pugman; Steve0853; fireguy129; Ronaldo; Dinky; Brown Hawk; Sharon/MrsVR; Alchemy; Buki192327; bluenoise; Petra; Santa CruZin (Eric); Patricia; Jack_Pine; Mikey444; holyjohnson; bdeputy tom; Gun Shark; Steve0853
    and anyone I missed and to all those that just didn't post.

So, 1/25/2010, Alie went to the vet for the final time.
    My heat is so broken - Jay's too.
    Gawd how I miss my puppy.

So many days and nights I just couldn't see my way through through the killing fog - there was my puppy, with his velvet head and velvet ears, and his dainty hands attached to his Big Dog Suit.... there for me, his warm doggy breath, breathing life back in to me.

I miss my puppy....and I will stop crying one of these days - don't know which one tho.

And the sweet Jayman,he had a break in his heart too, and for me in addition to his own sense of loss.
    I would tell Allie that his JayMan was coming (to Phx from Flag), and Allie would wait, poised like a Great dane Sphinx, in front of the door -waiting........... for hours........ for his Jayman.

Thank you everyone for your prayers, thoughts, vibes, and good wishes. It is clea that all of those gave us a few extra days. Yet, when Allie looked me in the eyes and told me clear as day, "Mommy, no more.", we had to do what we had to do.

For Flagstaff-area people, should you face this situation, where you want to go is: Banyon Pet Hospital. I swear I would prefer to have taken my dead and dying people there instead of the way it works in Phx/Sctdl. I/We stayed Al the whole time (rather than wait in the little private 'mourning room') and his last breath was taken with head and his silly doggie eraser nose in the crook of my arm -and I/we held him until long after they injected the propofol and a few moments pushed the euthanasia med. I saw his soul leave - looked like a mist or vapour in a cylindrical swirl shape. Dr. Vet looked into my eyes and said, "he's gone", and I said, "I know." Me, Jay, the Vet, were in tears, as was, I suspect, the Vet techs assisting. I vaguing remember one excusing herself.......

On my how I miss my puppy!

Some pics, oh puppy comical and devoted puppy you...........

Allie about 5.5 yrs. ago at Baby Mikey's house, trying to hide in a bathroom from thunder:

[​IMG]

Allie about to get a hose bath in the driveway last summer:

[​IMG]

Allie the Sleepy Dog who doesn't know yet that I have a camera:

[​IMG]

Allie being typically camera-shy:

[​IMG]

Allie being pensively semi-aware, and UNaware I have a camera:

[​IMG]

see next post for remaining two pics

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  2. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

It's not an easy thing to have to do. We went to the vet FOUR TIMES with our Friskie before we could go inside.....

Prayers for you here, MB.

3. MB-G26

Allie had two strokes while we were here at Jay's apt. in Flag. You should have SEEN the look on that dog's face when I explained to him that we were going, together, up to YourJayMan's in Flag where the rain is frozen! :supergrin:

one of Allie's last days at the apt.(med types, notice this stroke/neuro hands)

[​IMG]

Allie's ashes in a special, carved box, complete with his handprint in plaster-of-paris -just like when your kid is in Kindergarten and they make their little hand prints in plaster for your Christmas/Holididay gift:

Allie's box and handprint
    [​IMG]

Thank you so much, all of of you, for helping me/us see through this enormously painful time. I dunno when the hole in my chest and my hear will begin to shrink, reduce, narrow, heal........ but i suspect it will be quite a while.

Many may not know: Alex was a 'rescue dog'....... some POS had left him tied up to a light post at midnight in front of a Mesa Petsmart. I first met him when I'd gone to my neighborhood petsmart thingie to get special food for amy ex';s lassapoo, who has nearing HIS last days. And here was Al, on a leash, tied in front of is petsmart cage, trembling and shaking like you can't imagine. I sat down with him and talked a bit (I'm one of those that "hears" animals) and got him finally to stop shaking and trembling. So yeah, you can imagine it became a 'done deal'. I told him I'd be back, I promised!!, and went to the elementary school to pick up kiddo.

When kiddo and I get in the car to leave school, I tell him, "Ah, there is a dog we are supposed to 'do'........ met him when I went to Nick's special food......we'll go there now and you tell me what what you think (this was a couple months proximate to kiddo's stepfather walking out on us). So, we go back to Petsmart or whatever it was.

Yup, there's Al, still on 'parade' on a lead.......and shaking and terrified like nobody's business. Kiddo and I sat down, and began to pet and soothe Al............. after about a half hour, he stopped shaking........ and sat down.......... and w/in a few more minutes fell asleep with his head in kiddo's lap. Yes indeedy, we agreed, we were supposed to do this. There was some paperwork and whatnot, so I ran kiddo back to school for something, and returned to Petsmart to get Al. He had no name at that time.

On the way home in the car, just Al and I, I asked him, "So, doggie face, what IS your name???" He answered, "Alexander". So, "Alexander" it was, which over time became shortened and nick-named altered to Al, Allie, Fuzz Face, RooMoose (because early on he jumped a 6 f. block fence, and was a RUNNER through even the slightest crack in the front door), Spotted RooMoose, and occasionally, "Move! or Hury Up Or Move!", LOL!

After he jumped the 6' block wall fence the first night, and escaped through the front door into a full run, a couple of times, kiddo and I were worried that neither of us could withstand another emotional hit - and I callled Petsmart just 'what if' re their return policy. It was then I was told that Al was on his 3rd adoption (us) and that they only get three shots at it, and if he was brought back for any reason, he would be put down. Okaeydokeythen, that answers that. Al's eloping, destructive digging, submisive urination, and absolute terrified fear of being touch, and total and complete fear of anything male - including the sound of a male radio person on the am talk radio - well, too bad...... we'll just work our way through that stuff. And we did. It took about a year or so before he finally accepted that he would never again be hit, hurt, abandoned, or in any other way terrorized. And once he did accept it, he was a much more peaceful puppyface :)

Much later, by the time the benign bi-lateral lipomas were in full swing, he was too old to likely withstand a general anesthesia........ so we just dealt with it.

Gawn I miss my puppy, my dog, my RooMoose, my fuzface........... but in my heart he lives full swing. It's just the selfish part of the human condition in my that hurts like post-op w/no meds.

But and for sincerely sure, thank you all.
    m & j & kiddo

4. holyjohnson

holyjohnson

MB,i`m really sorry for you`r loss.it`s hard to look at it like this now but.in time the good memories will out weigh the bad and sadness of right now.
    you did the right thing by your friend and if they could they would thank you for it.
    take the time to be as sad as you need to be.to some they`re just animals and to others they are family members.
    my condolences.
    God Bless.

5. MB-G26

Thank you Sir or Madame, for your kidness.

He did ask me, on the last day (I hear what dogs say) He looked deep into my eyes and my soul and said, "Mommy, can't do this anymore. It's time. Please."

And what was what it took.

6. okie

okie GT Mayor

I am SO sorry Mel honey, may she RIP:angel::hugs::kiss:

7. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

8. pizzaaguy

pizzaaguy

:crying: So sorry you lost your bud, Mel.

9. AnimalK

AnimalK Kilted Muppet

I'm so sorry to find out this late, Mel.

RIP Alex, Good dawg.