Glock Talk banner

Regal Cinemas checking bags at the door...

2233 Views 32 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  BuckyP
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2015/08/19/regal-theaters-may-search-bags-door/32012439/

Not only are they posted no carry zones... in TX they're 30.06... but now this.

I quit going to their theaters when they posted... but this bag checking thing is total BS now.
Reactions: ancient_serpent
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Into The Breach
353 Posts
I wonder if the pimple faced kid earning minimum wage to look in bags is ready for the wide range of stuff women carry in their purses. [emoji79]

Reactions: MSW

· Registered
2,458 Posts
Stopped going to major sporting events because of this (and A-holes), and i'll stop going to movie theatres because of it, no skin off my nose. Cheaper at home anyway, and I can pause at my leisure. None of which is relevant anyway, when you have a 1yr old and a 2yr old, you don't have much time for these things.

· Premium Member
22,879 Posts
Most sheople will still go to the movies because they follow their programming. However, if enough sheople stop going then they will reverse this decision.
If enough people stop going, and let them know why. You don't even need to stop going to the movies, go to AMC. I'm guilty, I went last night to Regal. They asked to look in my wife's purse. There is a survey on the ticket about the experience. I will be filling that out today, and letting them know that I will not go back because of the bag search.

· Registered
27,807 Posts
With On-Demand type movie availability from most cable/satellite providers... Movie Theaters will slowly (but eventually) go the way of the Drive In.

· Registered
88 Posts
Wow I cant believe the day has come where my wife will get her purse searched to watch a movie at the theatre... still not stopping a criminal from carrying a weapon on them and using it to harm others

· Registered
88 Posts
Wow I cant believe the day has come where my wife will get her purse searched to watch a movie at the theatre... still not stopping a criminal from carrying a weapon on them and using it to harm others

· Registered
27,807 Posts
This likely has little (if anything) to do with safety, and more to do w/ checking your bags for snacks, etc. "Safety" is just a buzzword that makes it a feel good measure and the masses will fall in line. This is about protecting theater profits. I have no real problem with that... their business, their rules... but I won't going.

If it had anything to do w/ security, they'd at least hire a uniformed security company, off duty police, etc. to search bags.

· Registered
2,470 Posts
I agree that it is about revenue rather than safety. There is a theme park in central Florida that has big signs up about not bringing in food or drink, and checks women's purses, beach bags, and such. I have entered armed, because the signs do not mention firearms.

I consider a bag search to be an invasion of privacy that I would not tolerate, and do not ask my wife to tolerate, so I would not go to a theater that engaged in the practice, even if my wife's pistol was hidden somewhere else.

· Helo bubba
120 Posts
If it had anything to do w/ security, they'd at least hire a uniformed security company, off duty police, etc. to search bags.
Hiring off duty cops is a non starter if they're duties include searching bags. Private property owners can hire private companies to search things without issue, but if you add cops to mix it becomes a 4th amendment issue.

· Registered
24 Posts
My wife and I went to a Regal Cinema this evening in Fairlawn, OH. It had the note saying they would search bags (they didn't) and there was no sign on the entrance saying that firearms were prohibited. Looks like they are just trying to keep people from bringing their own snacks.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.