Regal Cinemas checking bags at the door...

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Lord, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Lord

Lord Senior Member

ancient_serpent likes this.

2. Lord

Lord Senior Member

ooopps. sorry for the new post of old news.

3. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster G17 carrier since 1989 Millennium Member

I wonder if the searchers at the entrance know what they are looking for?

4. FireGuy

FireGuy Into The Breach CLM

I wonder if the pimple faced kid earning minimum wage to look in bags is ready for the wide range of stuff women carry in their purses.

MSW likes this.
  5. hurley842002

hurley842002

Stopped going to major sporting events because of this (and A-holes), and i'll stop going to movie theatres because of it, no skin off my nose. Cheaper at home anyway, and I can pause at my leisure. None of which is relevant anyway, when you have a 1yr old and a 2yr old, you don't have much time for these things.

6. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It is okay to start a thread here in Carry Issues that is already under discussion in another forum.

This topic, carry in theaters, has been discussed here several times. Having a theater initiate a bag-search policy, that's new...

7. bdcremer

bdcremer

Most sheople will still go to the movies because they follow their programming. However, if enough sheople stop going then they will reverse this decision.

8. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

Keep you piece separate from your snacks and you're all good.

9. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

If enough people stop going, and let them know why. You don't even need to stop going to the movies, go to AMC. I'm guilty, I went last night to Regal. They asked to look in my wife's purse. There is a survey on the ticket about the experience. I will be filling that out today, and letting them know that I will not go back because of the bag search.

10. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

With On-Demand type movie availability from most cable/satellite providers... Movie Theaters will slowly (but eventually) go the way of the Drive In.

11. EDC_Glock

EDC_Glock

Wow I cant believe the day has come where my wife will get her purse searched to watch a movie at the theatre... still not stopping a criminal from carrying a weapon on them and using it to harm others

12. EDC_Glock

EDC_Glock

Wow I cant believe the day has come where my wife will get her purse searched to watch a movie at the theatre... still not stopping a criminal from carrying a weapon on them and using it to harm others

13. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

This likely has little (if anything) to do with safety, and more to do w/ checking your bags for snacks, etc. "Safety" is just a buzzword that makes it a feel good measure and the masses will fall in line. This is about protecting theater profits. I have no real problem with that... their business, their rules... but I won't going.

If it had anything to do w/ security, they'd at least hire a uniformed security company, off duty police, etc. to search bags.

14. poodleplumber

poodleplumber

I agree that it is about revenue rather than safety. There is a theme park in central Florida that has big signs up about not bringing in food or drink, and checks women's purses, beach bags, and such. I have entered armed, because the signs do not mention firearms.

I consider a bag search to be an invasion of privacy that I would not tolerate, and do not ask my wife to tolerate, so I would not go to a theater that engaged in the practice, even if my wife's pistol was hidden somewhere else.

15. bdcremer

bdcremer

If people allows this by going to Regal and giving them money. It will only embolden others to do the same. Then we become so used to being searched everywhere we go.

Genesis likes this.
  16. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

I filled out the survey that came with the ticket. I made it clear that as long as they continue to search bags, I'll be going to AMC. If enough people did this, they'd get rid of that policy real quick.

Genesis likes this.
  17. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster G17 carrier since 1989 Millennium Member

I never buy snacks at the movie theater. Way too expensive. My G17 is in an OC appendix holster.

18. sarhog

sarhog Helo bubba

Hiring off duty cops is a non starter if they're duties include searching bags. Private property owners can hire private companies to search things without issue, but if you add cops to mix it becomes a 4th amendment issue.

IndyGunFreak likes this.
  19. Highwayman7043

Highwayman7043

My wife and I went to a Regal Cinema this evening in Fairlawn, OH. It had the note saying they would search bags (they didn't) and there was no sign on the entrance saying that firearms were prohibited. Looks like they are just trying to keep people from bringing their own snacks.