Regal cinemas announces they will begin searching moviegoers bags and purses!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Khalsa, Aug 19, 2015.

1. walt cowan

walt cowan

With asshats talking over the movie, screaming into cell phones, taking selfies and letting their spawn take a dump in the isles.... Who needs that?

2. IvanVic

IvanVic

Good point.

3. Bruce M

Bruce M

Maybe some theatres...
    ...are better than others.
    Any chance of a cite for this? I am curious as to the mechanism for denying say a homicide detective who is investigating a case and happens to be wearing say a regular shirt and tie as opposed to being in uniform.

4. railfancwb

railfancwb

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440336504.043323.jpg

The wet dream of gun ban fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Syclone0538

Syclone0538

The only right you should have on someone else's property, is to follow their rules, or leave.

6. JustMelissa

JustMelissa

Had my bag searched last night going to see Antman @ Regal. Had a small tantrum. I carry a hyrdoflask of appletinis..I mean water at all time..he wasn't concerned with that, however, it was super half ass because had I been purse carrying. . He would have missed everything with the search. I could have had my range bag in there and all my Glocks. Maybe the vocal protest of viewing my proprty kept him from pawing around? And had I been carrying on my person, never would have known. Bad guys or people that carry and go sideways. . This won't do anything to stop an incident. And probably will get someone accidentally buying popcorn because a woman was super pissed having to show the contents of their purse. #justtamponsnotbullets #midol #ragingpms #getthehellouttamypurse

7. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

What an opportunity for the TSA to take a huge step forward.

8. MooseJaw

MooseJaw NRA Lifer CLM

Ohhh.. I thought they were checking to make sure everybody HAD a gun..

9. Kevin108

Kevin108 THIS IS IN ALL CAPS

The one nearest us has been posted forever, but in VA signs don't carry the force of law.

Concealed means concealed, as they say...

10. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

I try to avoid the movies, and there's rarely more than a few movies I'd risk the hassle seeing. Ironically the are 4 movies playing now that I'd go to see in the theater. :faint:

11. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

Thank you. It is liberating.

I think I've been rather fortunate to have this opportunity. Having lived in both worlds, it has allowed me to see the world I grew up and which nearly everyone else lives in much more clearly.

12. LApm9

LApm9

And what do these yo-yos think is going to happen when they ask to open a bag where some wing-ding has stashed his weapon and 500 rounds of ammo?

Do they think he is going to throw up his hands and say "Oh dear, you have caught me!"

13. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Wife talked me into going to the movies tonight. They asked to look inside her purse. It's pretty annoying IMO. However, if we had gone to the AMC near us, we'd like have to had to deal with rude patrons, so this was still the better option. :sigh:

14. Nutty Professor 188

Nutty Professor 188 Patrol Corporal

It is a feel-good PR thing. Most of the theme parks in the Central Florida area are the same way. My buddy, who is also a full time, sworn LEO went to Disney. Security noticed his 4 inch folding pocket knife clipped to his pocket. He told them he was LE and displayed his credentials. They said no go. They gave him an option and he packaged it in a sealed envelope with his information on it, put it in a locker, and gave him the key. Twenty minutes later he walked through the gate, still carrying his Colt Government Model in a small-of-the-back holster.
    But it was a good show that they kept that nasty old knife from getting in the park.

15. WarCry

WarCry

Wouldn't that actually be considered their uniform? I know here all of our detectives are plain-clothes. Their daily uniforms are suit/tie/jacket, but it's still plain-clothes.

16. The Fist Of Goodness

The Fist Of Goodness

I've carried in Disney before. After 9-11, I brought my gun into the park a couple days, and had no problem getting through.

I don't carry there often. Occasionally, I will use a 5.11 bag for the kids stuff (thermoses, epi pens, etc) and they always give it a thorough check. Once, the guard went through it several times, checking for hidden pockets, and then flat out asked if I was concealing a firearm in it.

I suppose many of the security officers are current or prior LE or military, and recognize some of the gear.

17. Bruce M

Bruce M

I am unsure and unless the poster who made that claim comes back I guess it is open to speculation.

18. DanaH

DanaH

Not to mention it appears that he deliberately picked a "gun-free cinema" to do his deed.

S.P.F. likes this.