Regal cinemas announces they will begin searching moviegoers bags and purses!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Khalsa, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Kennydale

Kennydale

In Texas they don't have a 30:06 sign up. Ill refuse any searches without a WARRANT. Give my money back and ill happily leave. Their House, Their Rules ........ but my MONEY

silentpoet, Khalsa and stevedal12 like this.
  2. Bruce M

Bruce M

Since it is their private property and they are not a government I do not have a problem with it because it is well within their rights

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015

3. DanaH

DanaH

Ahh, when movies were still in black and white. . . :alien:

4. JZBarrons

JZBarrons

Count me out. Will go to AMC theater or not go at all. My money, my stuff, my feet. Hope the bullies go out of business.

5. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

My son works in one of their theaters, and this has been going on for a while. Although, I've never seen it enforced, my son said they've had a couple folks trying to bring large backpacks that they checked. They've also had the information signs stating no firearms are allowed with or without permit, posted forever. They've yet to check for my Beretta 92, Glock 30, or M&P 40C, all carried IWB. When they get that touchy feely, I'll stop going. Until then, I'll just leave the 80lb ruck at home and carry as if I didn't care about their sign.....Oh, wait.....I don't. :)

TX OMFS likes this.
  6. S.P.F.

S.P.F.

I guess they (Regal) forget how the Colorado theater shooter accomplished his crime. He went out a side exit that led to the parking lot, blocked the door, retrieved weapons from car and then reentered.

So long as exit doors exist, checking bags at the entrance is only going to disarm victims, not any criminals.

7. GoFasterrrr

GoFasterrrr

Would not hurt my feelings if they just shut them down altogether.
    Just like the old brick and mortar movie stores.
    Dinosaurs of the past.

8. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

they are only doing it so if you want snacks you gotta spend bout 40 bucks . **** em . have not been to a theatre in over 10 years , they are like mauls . going out . they built a big multiplex with 15 theatres here bout 5 years ago , its changed names bout 4 times lol , i think now its Franks .

9. 757CC

757CC

Can't remember the last time I went to a movie theater. Have my own home theater with 106" screen. Between the prices, the rude people that talk and are on their cells it's not worth it. With that said I don't tend to carry in a bag of any sorts so this wouldn't be a game changer.

joereynaldo likes this.
  10. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

11. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

The Edwards; Regal by another name, near me has cops to act as security.

12. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

Most theaters around here are Harkins, which is an Arizona based company. The family still owns it. I can't imagine them pulling that here. We have a few AMC's, but screw them.

13. Dragline

Dragline

Sooooo guilty until proven innocent, just like the TSA.

Khalsa likes this.
  14. TX OMFS

TX OMFS Right wing nut Lifetime Member

It appears we have lots of man -baggers here. No purse = no problem.

Sea World searches our bag(s) every time we go. Big deal.

hooligan74 likes this.
  15. Qwertyuiop1

Qwertyuiop1

Went to an AMC last week to see a test screening of a movie coming out in October. At the entrance, they did a cursory look for outside food and drink. I am a diabetic, so I can pretty much bring what I want. Then I got banded with a numbered wristband. Went through checkpoint 1, where we were expected to turn in any electronic device, which I did not. Turn the corner to checkpoint 2, where I was patted down and wanded. My iPhone set off the wand, but it was under my wallet, so I slid through. After sitting, roving security would select people to go back to be checked again. It was all very interesting. Not hard to implement security, just costly.

16. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil

There's a wannabe 30.06 sign at the one here, but it's not legal due to the text being too small. Heh.

17. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

People still go to theaters?

Huh.

In 3 years time, or sooner, I predict most are going to be closed and out of business. Either that, or they are going to have to drastically lower their prices across the board, and install state-of-the-art technology.

The last movie I saw at the theater was "J. Edgar", with my father. I've not seen ads for a movie since that make me want to drive down and pay money to see.

18. Khalsa

Khalsa

Their new thing is "Imax3D" which isn't much if any better than my 65" 3D TV at home

19. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

Yeah, I've heard of that. How does it work? Do you have to wear those flimsy paper glasses with the red and blue lenses? First I have to sit with the ******bags holding their phones up so they can text, and now I have to deal with motion sickness? Yeah, no thanks.

Back in 2007, I worked for a brief time as an Armed Officer at a couple of Regal Cinema complexes in Oregon. At the time (remember: this was 2007), security there was an absolute joke. I worked alone, so there was only so much that I could see and do or stop. Routinely, I'd do patrols around the building and find teens with the emergency doors cracked open while they smoked. And when confronted about it, there was always some dumbass usher that told them they could do it.

Sigh.

Glad to know you cared enough about your security to hire my company to protect your dumb asses.

Oh wait, I'm just an insurance policy, right?

So glad I don't work Security anymore. So glad.

20. Khalsa

Khalsa

Wow,
    I live in Oregon (Eugene) now and I also work security but I am extremely picky about what type of security I'll do; no alcohol, no bars, I won't babysit teenagers. Luckily now I've got a real class security job at a corporate office building which isn't so bad

Jade Falcon likes this.