Regal cinemas announces they will begin searching moviegoers bags and purses!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Khalsa, Aug 19, 2015.

1. nursetim

nursetim

Their house their rules. I just won't go to movies anymore. Not that I'd pay to sit in public listening to cell phones or folks talking to the screen.

Are they imdemnifying folks against harm?

2. Khalsa

Khalsa

I won't be going anymore either. They're not providing armed protection so they shouldn't restrict others from protecting themselves

Blackshirt, g30nut, JMag and 2 others like this.
  3. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Agree. Going to the movies anymore is painful enough due to the rudeness of patrons, at least in my area. I will look for said sign before I even purchase a ticket.

janice6 likes this.
  4. ronin.45

ronin.45

I'm amazed they let bags or purses in to begin with. They are so strict about outside food and drinks anyway.
    I don't carry a purse or bag normally so this won't effect me. I'll still have my gun on my person.

nmk, clamcop369 and GRR like this.
  5. janice6

janice6

I will continue to perform security for my self and my family. I don't need to frequent their business anymore. Apparently they feel they have enough customers that they don't want "my kind" .

6. janice6

janice6

Since the predominance of persons carrying bags into movie theaters are women, it would appear that this just another attack in the "War on Women", directed against women, by preventing them from exercising their legal rights to self protection.

If the theater owners were concerned for customer safety, there would be competent, legal, armed professional guards, in each theater of the complex, whose duty is to provide for the personal safety of each and every patron. Or, let the patrons exercise their individual legal right to Constitutional self protection.

In lieu to this personal protection of its patrons, we must make the assumption that the corporation is simply trading customer safety for decreased financial liability by their insurance service. No lives matter.

The inevitable conclusion is that the company that owns Regal Theaters value money over customer lives. While this is not news, it is not right.

7. Rock2411

Rock2411

I didn't see anything about no firearms. Recently I went and my wife's bag was searched and I was carrying IWB and walked right in.

MSW likes this.
  8. Khalsa

Khalsa

I didn't see anything either, about 3 weeks ago here in Oregon.
    I believe Regal is a franchise so maybe not all have implemented this policy yet? But if it is a corporate policy you can be sure they will all follow soon

9. Redheadhunter21

Redheadhunter21

They were checking at one of the local theaters the other day, just bags and purses. Wasn't very thorough just one to please the masses kind of thing. They also had a uniformed fwc working there

10. Paul53

Paul53 You local friendly Skynet dealer

So I'm guessing the shooting will start right there instead of in back. And you're only searching wimmin?

11. Mayonator

Mayonator

No more sneaking yr own snacks in...

Khalsa likes this.
  12. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Wonder if OC or mace in the purse will be ok?

This is a "feel good" policy, nothing more. It wouldn't have prevented any of the theater shootings that have occurred. If the really wanted to offer some protection they should install metal detectors.

Khalsa likes this.
  13. tager

tager

That's more than likely the real underlying reason for the searches. If it was a (real) weapon search they would hit everybody with a metal detector.

Peanuts & candy bars don't show up on a metal detector therefore the manual bag search.

Patron safety, they could care less about,-- sneaking in food & pop cuts into their bottom line so that is important to curtail.

They might be looking for video cameras also as there is a lot of pirating going on with internet sales of new release movies.

janice6 likes this.
  14. krunchnik

krunchnik THE CROW

Does it not bother anyone that they are searching private property-it sure bothers me.

15. cciman

cciman MacGyver

BFD

They do it at ballgames, concerts, amusement parks, etc. So What? They should start doing it at churches- a nice crowded white Christian church should be the next logical target of opportunity.

Its a deterrent device, just like the TSA practices, It won't prevent a committed terrorist from performing media grabbing scenes nor driving the SUV into the crowd at the next concert.

hooligan74 and TX OMFS like this.
  16. tager

tager

Bothers me less that a theater searches my backpack than the airport searching my underwear, socks, & toothpaste.

17. cremaley

cremaley

Went to a Regal movie last Friday night. They did check my wife's bag. She wan not carrying but I certainly was. My G43 was on my hip in an OWB holster. Never go to the movies without it, never will.

Khalsa and Capt. Bob like this.
  18. Glenfiddich

Glenfiddich

I honestly cannot recall the last time that I watched a movie in a movie theater. Had to have been in the '80s.

IndyGunFreak, Khalsa and DanaH like this.
  19. Capt. Bob

Capt. Bob

Ditto:thumbsup:

janice6 likes this.