Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a sports store online that is selling refurbished LE trade in Gen 2 G22 Glock pistols for a very good price. They come with a box and (1) magazine.
I like the Gen 5 because it doesn't have finger grooves. But, the refurbished Gen 2 is almost half the price of a Gen 5. And, being it doesn't have a rail doesn't bother me at all. So, this seems like the gun for me.
Any input on the procedure in which Glock refurbishes its guns is really appreciated.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
They're inspected for cracks/correct parts. Any parts that are worn or need replaced are - typically just springs or parts that have upgraded versions and sights. To be honest, there's very little that needs to be done to refurbish a Glock. If the frame, slide, barrel and locking block aren't cracked new springs are typically all it would need to be good as new.

·
Just sayin'
4,642 Posts
Personally, if I didn't get a used Glock for a song, I would not buy it. Sure it would be nice to have it refurbished but how about the barrel? Unless it was taken care of, the barrel could be in less than ideal condition (pits, corrosion, etc) which could affect accuracy. It is just personal preference that if I am going to buy a weapon, I want it to be new and I will build my maintenance and usage history on it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
In my experience pitting in the bore does little to affect accuracy. I've owned some remarkably accurate military surplus rifles with heavily frosted bores. I don't think you can shoot out a pistol barrel. Not enough pressure or velocity to burn one out.

·
Registered
10,554 Posts
I have a couple, both Gen 2 Glock-19's, all parts are inspected and anything needed replacing was, both appeared brand new in the box, but the Tupperware said, REFURBISHED, no problems at all.

Its your choice all Glocks are used out of the box after the first round go's off.

We have some at our local Police supply, as new in the box, un issued.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.