close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Refrigerator test, Glock 26 vs Sig 40 cal

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MonsterB, Mar 28, 2010.

1. MonsterB

MonsterB

SO this weekend my buddys old refrigerator out in the backyard had a bad attitude, something had to be done so we decided to feed it some bullits...seems to have adjusted the tude a bit and the damn thing has been very cooperative ever since...
    Sean went first, shot it with a lightly loaded reload fmj 40 cal, bullit went through the front door, almost through the back wall, leaving a huge dent in it sticking out the back...
    Then he stepped it up and shot it with a Federal hollowpoint 40 cal, not sure of the grain, but it was factory amo....the bullit basically went right through the whole fridge, front door, through the back, leaving a nice hole..pretty impressive...sort of expected that....
    I then shot it with a Speer GoldDot 115 grain 9mm GDHP....what surprised me the most is that not only did the 9mm also go through the entire refrigerator, front door, back wall, and metal cooling unit in the back, but it left a bigger hole than the 40 cal did...signifigantly bigger, and damaged the back of the fridge more....neither one of us could believe it....
    To those of you who say a 9mm isnt enough stopping power, I say I dont agree...the refrigerator says so:cheers:

2. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

Pics would be nice!

DH

3. Slug71

Slug71

Pics or didnt happen. :tongueout:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  4. MonsterB

MonsterB

whatever sunshine, I see you live in NH, take a drive over to Nashua if you want to find out the truth....no I dont have pics, it was a spur of the moment thing, if you dont believe it, too f'n bad....I dont need to ask for a pick to know that you are ugly as a dogs butt:duel:

5. PersonOfInterest

PersonOfInterest

Best to move this over to the Caliber Corner - youll get some good responses, guys will jump in with Gel pics and Fackler quotes etc etc and then someone will cry :supergrin:
    But yeah id believe what your saying, ive always found 9mm's punch through barriers better than .40/.45s seen it myself with car doors etc - get some 124gn XTP's out of the 9mm doing 1300fps then youll see so pretty decent damage.

6. Gallium

Gallium CLM

I think both of the earlier posters were being light hearted about the whole thing.

If I didn't want feedback and responses from other folks, or if I couldn't handle it without getting defensive and insulting, I would simply not post.

NYD Drew
    ugliern dog's buttcrack. :supergrin:

7. g29cc

g29cc Custom Work

:wow:

8. nastytrigger

nastytrigger Mediocre Member

The Federal wasn't bonded probably. Speer is. That had to effect some

9. Slug71

Slug71

Pshh, sounds like someone needs a little sunshine.

Senseofhumourmuch? :whistling:

10. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Lighten up Frances

11. MonsterB

MonsterB

yeah maybe some lack of sense of humor but its been a very long week, flew twice, sat in conferences all day, etc....like you say you should expect some people to act like children on here, its just the way it goes...not everyone has a camera with them every where they go, and if they forget it that doesnt mean it didnt happen...neither me or my buddy were trying to prove anything, just shot the fridge with the guns we had, and I thought some people might be interested in the fact the 9mm made a bigger hole out the back of the fridge than the 40cal did....thats all...next week when I get back to my buddys house maybe I will take some pics...

12. Slug71

Slug71

Its not that anyone doesnt believe you. Like you said, 'and I thought some people might be interested', we are interested, which is why pics would be nice.

:wavey:

And i realize not everyone carries a camera with them, i dont.

13. Blaster

Blaster Hunc tu caveto

Wow, thanks for the info. I will be sure to remember your results, especially the next time I am being stalked by zombie refrigerators.

14. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Please remember: Zombie refrigerators can only be killed with a shot to the compressor.

15. plasticpistol

plasticpistol

when it comes to barriers 40 and 45 and 10mm SUCK. 357sig and 9mm rule the house.

16. MonsterB

MonsterB

zombie refrigerators are a big problem in my neck of the woods...I will make sure to get a few pics of the culprit this weekend...its big, ugly, but also slow and now wounded..

17. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

WTF is a "bullit" ?

18. BuckeyeBlast

BuckeyeBlast

Pics or it didn't happen is nothing more than a common expression used to ask for pics.

Hell, I was getting ready to type the same thing when I saw the post w/ no pics.

19. Small Tony

Small Tony

:supergrin: I was waiting for someone to ask this. I was wondering too.

20. BuckeyeBlast

BuckeyeBlast

Bullitt was a great movie w/Steve McQueen driving a Dark Highland Green Mustang fastback. :cool: