close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Refresh-itis or eternal page-loading-itis?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by MB-G26, Jul 29, 2004.

1. MB-G26

MB-G26 Non-existent STUPID GURL Lifetime Member

I previously assumed it 'was just me' because I was at home, on a DUN w/usual max of 48baud, and an old machine.

But - at my sister and BIL's house in TKO, Kali, while they still had their cable ISP account and very much newer, faster machines, I STILL suffered from either refresh-itis or eternal page load-itis.

Then they switched to DSL, and things remained the same on the same machines there.

Then I get home, plug in the upgraded (aka new, meaning pulled together w/newer parts and on a new and much faster processor and mobo), and now it's worse than ever.

Granted, since I have weeks' worth of reinstalls to do, I'm running w/out Spyblocker (blocks ads and such), and I haven't had a change to rehack IE to add my graduatedly permissive 'sandbox zones'. Yet, even w/GT in the "Trusted" zone, and w/the so-to-speak 'safe' ActiveX permissions allowed, the appx two times since TuesdayI've been back on GT since getting home, the ANY page and ANY function (access forum index page, access thread, access reply function, etc.) seem to take literally forever.

Ok, I'm not trying to complain, honestly - rather, looking for ideas as to what it could be on my end since it seemed to be the same thing on different, newer & faster computers, AND on both cable and DSL connections in a totally different state.

I'm putting this here instead of Tech Talk because I haven't been to bed yet (body clock is still on baby night shift after two months of doing that nightly), so maybe I'm also suffering from terminal babbbbbbble...... but......
    I don't follow what's up or what might be the cause.
    Ideas?
    m

2. CZP

CZP Patriot!

I have a T1 connection and everything is pretty much "instant". I don't know what the problem could be at your sisters unless it's a local "traffic" problem with their server. Did I understand you to say you were still using dial up? If so this will be very hard to troubleshoot due to the vagueries of dial up connections. If I think of anything I will let you know.

CZP