close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Referencing posts

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Schabesbert, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Schabesbert

Schabesbert

Here's what I'd like to do:

In a posting, I'd like to include a hyperlink to another post, possibly in another thread.

Can you tell me how I go about doing this?

Thanks,
    Dave

2. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

3. Short Cut

Short Cut PatrioticMember CLM

The easiest way to do this is to open up two internet sessions. On the first one go to the page that you want to reference. When you are there go to the address (starts with http: )at the top of your browser and highlight it then click on your right mouse button and select "copy".

Now go to your other internet session. This should be on Glock Talk with your posting window open where you type your replies put the cursor where you want the link to go then use your right mouse button and select "paste". This will display the whole address and can be clicked on to go to the page you are referencing.

Another thing that you can do is to copy the address into a coded text like this. {url=}Browning A-Bolt{/url} Except you will need to use brackets like this [ ] instead of the parenthesis in red.

This will display your link as "Browning A-Bolt". To do this you copy the address you are referencing and paste it between the equal sign and the right hand bracket.

Here is an example of what that would look like to someone reading your post: Browning A-Bolt

Hope this helps. Post back here if you have any more questions.