Redux: Problem with Firefox 1.07

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Romadoc, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Romadoc

Romadoc

OK..I forgot to tell everyone that I also was running(??) Zone Alarm Pro. Forgot because there was some type of screw-up in that it was no longer on my bar. Therefore, I am running, in constant mode, the following: Zone Alarm Pro, Avast!, AdSubtract and SpySweeper. Is there a conflict that might have caused the problem I related in my original posting? Is my paranoia leading to problems that can be avoided by elimination of some of these programs?

2. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

It may not be the firewalls but it could.You could switch one or both off and see if you still have the problem.Firefox can be funny sometimes though.There is a test version out now Firefox 1.5 not 1.0.5 but I'm sure I would rely on a test version.You could try the full Mozilla 1.7.12 browser.If you do remember to copy your Firefox/IE bookmarks/favorites.You can run both but that's a bit much.If you have plenty of CPU speed and memory it should be alright.

3. Romadoc

Romadoc

Problem resolved by using "Opera" as a browser. It seems sites recognized IE function of "Opera" while refusing that of Firefox (IE extension). Similarly, Netscape would not work.

4. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

Opera should be faster too_Opera uses fewer resources than Firefox.I'm testing the latest version now.Think I'll just use Opera if all goes well.

5. Harlequin

Harlequin I need a weapon

I tweaked Firefox kicks Opera on my machine.

Not sure why you're running AdSubtract and SpySweeper with Firefox. Neither are necessary. They won't be with Opera either.