GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glock 48, approx 3400rds; the golden years fingers getting a bit tarnished and racking is becoming more of an issue, yes using all the techniques, as fingers are becoming numb and after 2 years it's telling - so, that being said, do any of the reduced tension recoil springs set actually ease the racking, and if so, any "rule of thumb" as to what percentage of ease I might expect. Until the ammo shortage I'd fie 50rds weekly. Tnax.

·
thewoods868
1,475 Posts
It’s not a good idea to reduce your recoil spring. Your gun will be battered more. Try a s&w 9mm ez

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
Glock 48, approx 3400rds; the golden years fingers getting a bit tarnished and racking is becoming more of an issue, yes using all the techniques, as fingers are becoming numb and after 2 years it's telling - so, that being said, do any of the reduced tension recoil springs set actually ease the racking, and if so, any "rule of thumb" as to what percentage of ease I might expect. Until the ammo shortage I'd fie 50rds weekly. Tnax.
5E31A8B8-2B63-4444-A917-DB28179C7DF0.png

One of these is cheap and easy to help with leverage.

But yes, lighter RSA does help racking and if you’re just shooting light target ammo a light RSA is just fine.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My EDC round is Seismic's 185G, so guess best leave it OEM - looking at the charging handles, as well.

·
MacGyver
7,004 Posts

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Do you know how to do one-handed weapons manipulations? Can you rack your pistol using a table or something at the range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
View attachment 858176
One of these is cheap and easy to help with leverage.
But yes, lighter RSA does help racking and if you’re just shooting light target ammo a light RSA is just fine.
it look ok-ish, but i just cannot help of thinking how this plastic piece snaps off and flies straight into your face...
i just placed a 15# wolff spring into my gen5 G34 and it is indeed a bit easier to cock. not much, though. got a jager products rod for it - and that is a quality piece, very well made.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts