close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Red Dot

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by glockess56, May 26, 2007.

1. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

OK, I finally did it. I have my race gun now, nothing fancey, just a G17 (first gen) and my red dot. Now, I use red dots all the time on my .22. When I do bullseye, I put it down lower than when I shoot bowling pins, which is set higher and brighter. This is a very dumb question, but for indoor and out matches, should I put it high and bright or set it lower? I'm very curious and know this group of people can help me. Since I don't have my "Mean Green Seventeen" I call this one my "Gastly Gaston!"

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Best results are obtained by using it just bright enough to be clearly seen. Too bright and the dot fuzzes and you cover too much of the target with an indistinct sight. Remember, you're looking through the dot, it shouldn't be your focus, the target should.

3. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Uh-oh another one went to the dark side....I'm feeling lonely about being the only one out here shooting open sights....the temptation is great and now our little lady has gone and done it too...Jerry your toys have tempted all :animlol:

4. ede

ede Bama's Friend

you aren't alone dennis, butch shoots iron sights in open and is damn hard to beat. i'm glad he doesn't use a dot. as for where to set the brightness, like jerry said i like it as bright as i can get it but without the fuzzing.

5. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Depends on the stage or target.

For the plates I have it set very bright with a little bit of dot flair.

For the standards turn the dot way down so its translucent.

6. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

A consideration may be that he has that double-D lens in his prescription (which I investigated also recently when getting a new Rx). One downside of that setup is that, while putting your iron front sight in very good focus, that dot will look like a starcluster went off in your face.

:patriot:

7. fuegoglockjr

fuegoglockjr

Thank the Lord that NOT all his toys have tempted others :tbo: