Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, need help with your opinion...

I got a free Burris fastfire 3 and own a Glock 20. I was thinking about attempting to put it on the gun for ****s and giggles. I only carry the gun for on my hunting trips as well just at the range.

1. Do you like shooting with a reddot sight?
2. Do I buy fastfire mounting plate to be able to install the fastfire but then have no rear hind sight?
3. If I send in my slide to a company like lonewolf to get milled out where is the best place to have the rear sight rear or front. I believe they call it race mount with front dovetail for rear sight or combat mount which allows me to have the rear sight. (I guess shooting which would be the preference)

Thanks for the help everyone

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have red dots on all my guns, since I can't see the iron sights. If you send it to Lone Wolf to be milled you can have it so you'll keep the rear sight or not. Once you get used to an optical sight, you'll love it. I have a Fastfire 3 on my G41 and it is a good sight. When you have them do the job you send in your sight and it will be fitted to it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am debating on just sending it in as its $50 for the dovetail mount and $100 to get it milled. However I am trying to debate if having a race mount or combat mount installed and which position is better for the sights? thank you for your reply

·
Registered
251 Posts
Two of my Glocks are MOS, the other is a G22 I sent to Lone Wolf, I had the rear sight removed since I can't use it anyway. If I wanted to keep the rear sight I would have it mounted right in front of the rear sight.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I will be doing something similar to the gen4 22 in my avatar. I will most likely be using a Burris FF3 on mine too since I have had really good luck with the one on my S&W 686 revolver. I'm going to try a dovetail mount first before spending the money on cutting the slide more than I have at present.

...Ron

·
Registered
921 Posts
I just got an RMR on my Zev G19. It’s fun but would rather shoot sights for accuracy. Speed of target acquisition is really fast. I think it might be a learning curve for me since have been shooting sights for so long.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
If you want a mounting plate that absolutely won't come loose and shift on you I highly recommend the Saurez L mount. It's locked in place with the rear cover plate of the slide. It's a little heavier than some but it works and is solid. Definitely a well done option over milling your slide.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you want a mounting plate that absolutely won't come loose and shift on you I highly recommend the Saurez L mount. It's locked in place with the rear cover plate of the slide. It's a little heavier than some but it works and is solid. Definitely a well done option over milling your slide.
Thank you Mr. Black. I was just about to order the Saurez but then I saw this video...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f14RfkfQU0M

I am putting mine on a glock 20 and am afraid of it becoming loose? Thoughts? Have you ever heard of this company: https://dueckdefense.com/shop/firearms/rbu-delta-point-pro/

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Excellent honest video. Short and to the point. I have not experienced that with the L mount but I did with the factory Trijicon dovetail mount.

I have not had my L mount come loose as of yet but it is in fact just on a non violent 9mm.

Appreciate the video and I'll think twice now about recommending that mount.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Excellent honest video. Short and to the point. I have not experienced that with the L mount but I did with the factory Trijicon dovetail mount.

I have not had my L mount come loose as of yet but it is in fact just on a non violent 9mm.

Appreciate the video and I'll think twice now about recommending that mount.
Mr. Black, I wasnt saying that it is a bad recommendation, it was just research that I was doing as I was thinking about ordering per your recommendation and then came across that video... Maybe I am better off contacting them to get their thoughts. Still considering...

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Just looked at the specs on that video and it was in fact posted to YouTube 1 month after I made the switch to the L mount. Had I seen that video via time travel before my purchase it would have swayed my decision.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Why on earth wouldn't you just mill the slide to fit your optic? Irons don't even hold on for the life of the slide.
I normally would agree, but in my case they say you CANNOT mill a 17L Slide.

I also think in my case I may just take my small losses and make the switch to a Carver mount as I only use this gun for shooting steel anyways.

·
On the Border
15,282 Posts
I normally would agree, but in my case they say you CANNOT mill a 17L Slide.

I also think in my case I may just take my small losses and make the switch to a Carver mount as I only use this gun for shooting steel anyways.
I'm only interested in parts that work. A Glock slide might go 50k, which is about 1 year of practice for me. So I'd prefer something that's going to hold up for that relatively short period of time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts