1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The eBay Guy
21,550 Posts
Crazy!!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Man that's a crazy video. There is no way I'd survive the spinning.

·
NRA Member
5,028 Posts
That was great, thank for the post.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It's kind of cool to notice the airspeed increase extremely fast at first but then start to slow down once he got closer to earth

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
Seems like knowing where your going to land would be a challenge? I mean you can see half the earth so how do you aim for a spot while spinning like a top? And all that spinning would of done me in, On my 2nd skydive the instructor put me in a spin so I could learn what to do about it and stop it but I nearly lost altitude awareness dealing with the spin.

·
Robby The Guy
901 Posts
Regular dudes would hit about 400 mph. He hit 847 mph due to gravity's effect on his huge balls

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Holy crap! That guy has the biggest stones of anyone on the planet.

·
Registered
13,774 Posts
Man that's a crazy video. There is no way I'd survive the spinning.
There is no way that most people would survive that spinning. It takes a true pro to be able to handle something like that.

I remember watching the entire thing live from the time the ballon left the ground, so it is cool to see new stuff.
Thanks for the video!

·
Banned
4,632 Posts
From that POV, the spinning wasn't as bad as I thought. He had bad body positioning and ended up head-down and then on his back. He got it figured out around 64k, and it seemed like a nice ride from there on in. It looked like he could have used some goggles or sunglasses under canopy though.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Banned
5,192 Posts
That guy is the baddest dude on this planet!
Captain Joe Kittinger did it a number of times with a lot less fanfare and a lot less technology to support him, and held the record for over 50 years before Baumgartner. Kittinger was present for Baumgartner's jump, in fact, and was a communicator on the team.

Kittinger went on later to do three combat tours in Vietnam, ultimately being shot down in an F4. He spent nearly a year as a POW in the Hanoi Hilton.

Baumgartner's accomplishment was nearly flawless, and looked like a lot of fun. May we all be able to achieve our dreams like that.

·
Am Yisrael Chai
34,848 Posts
800 plus MPH!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts