close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

recovering DVD-RW data...

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ecgRN, Aug 6, 2004.

1. ecgRN

ecgRN

I had a "moment" and erased a dvd-rw with EZ-CD Creators quick erase function and lost 1600mb of tunes!
    Since it wasn't the "full" disc erase, I was wondering if there is still a way to recover some data. I can live with the loss, but will have a hard if not impossible time replaceing everything......I know, back-up, back-up, back-up. I just got ahead of myself and.... DOH!!!

2. NetNinja

NetNinja Always Faithful

SOL!

be careful next time.

CD's are cheap why are you re writting?

3. ecgRN

ecgRN

I have two drives....I didn't pay attention to the default drive promt...erased wrong disc.

4. MB-G26

MB-G26 Non-existent STUPID GURL Lifetime Member

Recovery might be achieved w/one of the data/file recovery freeware tools denoted in this thread:

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2349233#post2349233

(It's the original thread in which I pasted descriptions and links to the freeware possibilities on the Son of Spy site. I don't recall the specifics of the original poster's data loss situation, but you might take a loook.)
    m

See also http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2555982#post2555982
    for advice from others on CD file recovery

5. ecgRN

ecgRN

I went through a bunch of old CD-RWs that I had thrown in a box and managed to piece together the entire DVD I jacked. I guess I had been backing things up more frequently than I thought.

Lesson learned.

6. eno801

eno801

cd roller helped me regain 2gb of pron of a dead dvd-rw. now i got my sydney moon and other back. let me know if you want it. i can email it it is about 2.1 mb.