Recover Tactical - Picatinny Rail System for Glock 17 Gen 1 & 2, RC12B

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by Dom Pastore, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Dom Pastore

Dom Pastore dpast32

Hi Guys, I just came across an item that 'appeared' to hold promise, but as always, I'm wary of any non O.E.M. products that add on your weapons. These items are listed as 'Recover Tactical' Picatinny Rail System for Glock 17 Gen 1 & 2 Platform, # RC12B' & one for the Glock 26, # GR26. [ IIRC, they're Israeli made. ] They sell for $27.50 shipped, which is, if they work, quite reasonable. I'd love to utilize one on my Gen. 2 17, & wouldn't mind having one for my G26 too, but only if they're functional, if which I have my doubts ? If anyone my as any experience with either of these models, I'd really appreciate hearing from them. THANKS

Best, dpast32

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  2. Dom Pastore

Dom Pastore dpast32

Well, I guess no one here has any experience with these items, so I went ahead & ordered one of each this morning. As soon as they arrive & I've had a chance to scrutinize them, I will report back here. THANKS

Best, dpast32

3. CSG

CSG

I got one from Amazon for my G2 G17. Fits great, easy install. My question is, should you use blue Locktite on the threads? I wrote the company today but have not had a response from them. I will be mounting an Olight Baldr on this pistol. It doesn't interfere with the trigger guard or the slide. So far, I see no reason why this won't work as intended.

4. Dom Pastore

Dom Pastore dpast32

THANK YOU CSG, I appreciate your reply.

Your observations pretty much mirror mine, at least so far. I installed one on m Gen. 2 G17, & also on my Gen. 3 G26. The 17 went ot, & got perfectly, while the 26 went out just fine, it doesn't 'quite' for my 26 the way I would like. I'm using, or attempting to use an Streamlight TLR-3, which is just perfect for m intended purpose. However, upon actually attaching the light, it doesn't want to affix to the 'rail cut' which I want it to. I've tried swapping out the 'rail key's from the Glock one, to the M1913 Picatinny version, which helped somewhat, but again, not as secure as I'd prefer. I guess I'll have to do a 'trial & error' approach, & determine if it will suffice or not ? As for the 'Lock Tite', I definitely plan to use it on mine, but only after determining their functionality & placement factors. I don't planning in using the permanent grade of Lock Tite, but even the semi-permanent type can be somewhat difficult to remove !! All in all, these Rails appear to offer owners of the Pre-Rail Glocks an option of mounting one of the smaller style of White Lights, or even perhaps a Laser device, provided the purchaser takes the time & effort to securely mount, & function check them prior to utilizing them for any serious purpose. Hopefully, I'll be able to report back here with great results, but until then, the Jury's still out

Best, dpast32

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020