Recover Tactical 20/20 Stabilizer Brace

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Leucoandro, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Leucoandro

Leucoandro

I find the idea of a pistol brace on the Glock an interesting idea. I always liked the FAB Defense collapsable tactical stock I saw on on Glock 18’s. I have never had an interest in getting a handgun reclassified just to put a stabilizer on it though. The B&T USW-G17 is cool too, but it has the same problem.

I know that other companies make braces, but most are pretty bulky. I find the Flux Defense really cool, but I’m just not wild about the way metal tips of the brace stick out when closed. I just saw an announcement for the Recover Tactical 20/20 stabilizer brace and it looks pretty cool. I think the way the brace attaches to the Glock is a cool idea, but I do wonder if it would have any impact on reliability.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/01/06/recover-tactical-glock-brace/

so what does everyone think about the above brace? Anyone know of any similar non-nfa braces?

2. March817

March817

You know, at less than $100 I might eventually bite just to try it out. I've wasted $100 on lots of stuff before.

3. DrewBone

DrewBone

'Two things...if you feel that a stabiling brace is required to stabilize a stock Glock pistol then you should be shooting something else that's smaller and weighs less, and, I fail to see the benefit of such a device unless a longer barrel was installed, i.e., an aftermarket 16" barrel from IGB Austria:

[​IMG]

Glock 16" barrel from IGB Austria for Glock 17-17l-20-21-22-24-31-34-35

techiej likes this.
  4. Leucoandro

Leucoandro

DrewBone,

I never said that I “needed” one to stabilize any of my Glock’s. The brace is just one of those things to spend money on that a Glock really doesn’t need.

I tend to keep my Glock’s stock, all the way down to the plastic sights. Some would say that makes me basic, though I have been known to throw on a weapon mounted light from time to time.

I have always liked the B&T USW-G17 and the FAB Defense GLR-17 brace/stock, but I have no interest in getting a tax stamp or a 16 inch barrel to legally add a brace. I think it looks cool, and to tell the truth, it is probably a better investment then a pistol caliber carbine.

Charlie

5. DrewBone

DrewBone

Hey Charlie! In my commentary above I wasn't speaking to you specifically, but was speaking in generalizations. My apologies for not making that apparent :D

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you with my Glock pistols, most of which are stock, with the exceptions of aftermarket extended trapezoid slide locks and OEM extended slide stop levers, both of which help alot with disassembly and operation of the pistols, as my fingers are weak from bad rheumatoid arthritis.

You wouldn't be the first person to buy something for your firearm because it looked cool! I've done the same in the past, but over the years I've come to realize that most of the time looks don't account for much in the way of better performance or utility. I can understand your interest in these add-ons, and if you feel they're worth the expense, by all means make yourself happy! And if it means anything, I'm in agreement with you about the pistol caliber carbines, but with me it has nothing to do with investment...I believe that a rifle caliber pistol has greater punch and range, than a pistol caliber carbine, so they're "worth" more! Below are a couple of mine...

20171026_151231.jpg

:cheers:

glock_collector likes this.
  6. Variable556

Variable556

Interesting. I wonder what the length of pull on the brace is? Looks shorter than even the Flux. Maybe not though. Hard to tell. Need more info.

7. Leucoandro

Leucoandro

I forgot I did add OEM extended slide stop levers to all my mid and full sized Glocks. I have been intrigued by trapezoid slide locks, but I still haven't pulled the trigger on one.

I really like those rifle caliber pistols you have. I have considered something like the RRA LAR-15 Pistol with 7 inch barrel.

I agree with you. For me, any sort of PCC would have to offer something a rifle caliber pistol with or without a brace cant offer. So, to me for a PCC to be useful it would need to be very compact and concealable. Preferably a similar size as a Mini-UZI.

A Glock with a B&T USW-G17 brace/stock would accomplish this, but that would require a tax stamp. If I were to get the Recover Tactical 20/20 stabilizer brace, I could have it for the look, I could strap it to my arm and for S's and G's. Should the back of the brace ever accidentally make contact with my shoulder, under current rules I would not be violating any SBR rules.

Charlie