Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one else record themselves shooting at the range?

More often than not, I will set my iphone somewhere in the booth and record myself shooting. I don't really know why I do it, but it's fun to watch the footage later and I think it's good for checking for bad habits forming (slapping trigger, anticipating the shot, etc.). It's also a good way to document the gun, as just last month I bought a new S&W SD9 and recorded myself putting the first 100 rounds through it.

I'm a relatively new shooter (only been shooting for about a year and a half). If I were to put the video up on youtube and embed a link here, would anyone care to watch a few short edited clips and tell me any pointers?

Thanks

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,835 Posts
If you put it up here there will be no shortage of Glocktalk experts telling you everything they think you are doing wrong

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
If you put it up here there will be no shortage of Glocktalk experts telling you everything they think you are doing wrong
My immediate response to this is "That's the point - he's looking for constructive criticism." The trick will be figuring out who or what to listen too, though. I generally find that even if there are conflicting answers to questions posed online, reading through the ensuing battle between those that posted the conflicting answers as well as the others who chime in on one side or the other is a great way to learn. It's perhaps more valuable than any simple given answer.

I say post away.

·
Registered
19,627 Posts
Sometimes and sometime I record myself doing other things. "This is my rifle, this is my gun..."

Just get a gun friend who knows what he is talking about to watch you and give you some pointers. Recording yourself shooting is a good thing but still need someone credible to advise you. YouTube might not be the place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Ive made a couple videos myself but my girlfriend would be upset if I posted them. Oh wait...this is the gun forum. Haha...jk

Yeah man, post the videos. It never hurts and is fun to learn from other. I think videoing yourself is a good idea.

·
Banned
1,403 Posts
To the extent that I can I always have someone record me when I'm competing. I get cool videos (at least as far as I'm concerned) but more importantly I review them to see what I did well and what needs improvement.

If you post videos here you'll get good advice and some not so good advice.

·
Glock pistols designed by Gaston Glock , Austria
775 Posts
I filmed myself to see how the brass was ejecting with different ammo, I could see the the ejection pattern much better from the camera view showing the brass ejecting, after viewing my video I was glad to see it had very reliable function.

it's like taking notes, you can review what you did at the range when you get home.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
It’s worthwhile. Post away, haters gonna hate. Here’s a video where I was doing something pretty wrong. My transitions were all upper body. I later learned to use my knees and keep upper body locked out.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAjohJwTLU

May be hard to tell, but technique is much improved later on:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VlliEHQKOXY

It’s probably about time I break out the tripod again and do some more self-recording to look for ways to improve.

·
Registered
33,224 Posts
I'm a relatively new shooter (only been shooting for about a year and a half). If I were to put the video up on youtube and embed a link here, would anyone care to watch a few short edited clips and tell me any pointers
You'd have to be brave :)

One of the most interesting things to watch, from the side view, is when the gun goes click instead of boom.

Create that by staggering rounds in the cylinder of a revolver, or by putting a dummy round somewhere in the middle of a semi-auto.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Don't post anything here unless you are shooting sub 2 inch groups dead center of target at 25 yards or you will regret it.
We'll bust you if we see powder burns on the target! :D

I've recorded myself shooting some big bore stuff just to catch the muzzle blast.
I've got a couple of buddies shooting the 44mag at twilight. Very cool. I'll have to dig those up.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts