Record your Range progress

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Don-H, Apr 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Don-H

Don-H NRA #IHMR2ADS

hi
    Last time 2016 start a conversation about software to record your range practice and dry fire practice

I like the traditional timer and don't like on my bag have a laptop computer or tablet
    It's hard to use pictures and notebook

I have streamlined on my Glock so don't like mantixs start add and replace my trl6

So, I know NRA magazine have a Microsoft excel sheet to data entry your day
    And present the average the hits

But I like something more practical like entry on your iPhone or Android and get a full report of your progress and can compare between seasons firearms after training etc.

I saw on Amazon prochronos products you connect to the Bluetooth and the software get your time and split time

But it's not a complete

I use a very good app to track all my expenses armmo round used, inventory put day range but add notes only, can take pictures the app myarmscache great for see your money waste or how good you manage, but that it's

Also the web site Id.glock.com it's cool but no much information

What are you doing for recording your skills on range?

Thanks

2. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

My overall goal is to develop a complete skill set. That's largely a matter comprehension, so the ability to keep it all in my head is part of the goal. And I back that up on video.

My main use of video is for playback during at-home dry fire sessions. I'm very focused on the relationship between home dry, range dry, live and a few other techniques I use.

But back to the main point, understanding what I can do is a large part of being able to do it. Relying too much on written records works against that goal.

Once you have the mechanical ability to shoot at your desired level, performance is mostly a matter of perception. You need to be able to look at a target, array, stage, defensive situation, etc., and immediately understand how your skills are going to manifest themselves to solve that problem.

This is where consistency comes from. It's the difference between trying to do something and doing something.

Don-H likes this.

3. Bish1309

Bish1309

Not that it's important to know this but the 2nd time I went to an indoor range where you play with things that make loud noises, I didn't crap my pants after the first boom. I'm improving.

As told by my wife...yeah, that's it, the wife said it.

willie_pete and Don-H like this.
  4. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member