Recommendations on turkey blinds?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by AC498, Oct 3, 2005.

1. AC498

AC498

I am going to buy a turkey blind. I am considering an Ameristep Doghouse TSC. Anyone have any ideas on it?

FYI, I need a blind that holds 2 people, and has either a floor or ground skirt (I have nixed the idea of bringing a tarp along).

Any help is appreciated, especially real world experience...

2. noway

noway

Courious....Why the need for the flooring?

The Double Bull blind is rate as one of the best and fits your need.

3. AC498

AC498

I might want to use it for deer season, and thought it would keep my stuff from getting wet from the snow. But now that I think about it, it would get soaked pretty fast...

Okay, so the floor is now unnecessary. Anyone have a blind that has worked for them? I am really open to suggestions now.

4. noway

noway

I think your 2 choices outside of a ground constructed blind would be ameristep or the more expensive doublebull. Both offers adequate space for 2 hunters but you didn't mention what you are going to use. The type of weapon would be limiting in some case. ( i.e2 longbow shooters migh be very uncomfortable )

I have a 1 person Ameristep outhouse that's okay, great to carry quick setup up very steady if your ground stakes are placed deep enough and the soil is solid and no big winds. I would assume the bigger blinds would offer the same.

One suggestion that I would like to suggest, if you do plan on hunting doubles in one blind, get your partner and you together and place it in your backyard and check it out before you go into the field and set it up. You will learn alot very quickly on what you can and can't do. ;)

5. AC498

AC498

Sorry about the lack of information. I am using a shotgun for turkey. Would also like to use the blind for deer (rifle).

6. Greybeard

Greybeard

Coincidently, I just bought a ground blind tonight at Academy. WigWom or some such. http://www.huntersview.com/hb004.asp

My "experience" with it so far has only been setting it up in the living room. Pretty cool how they can make such that weighs just 12 1/2 pounds and sells for $80.