Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

It’s been a ton of years since I was on here. Any recommendations as to how or where to sell firearms? I’m in the Phoenix, AZ area. I heard there’s some Facebook groups for FTF sales. Thanks in advance!

Greg

·
Registered
871 Posts
Facebook will flag and delete any post for a firearm listed. I think there may be a meetUp group that meets 1-2 a month for sales.

I recently used Armslist - easy - had it sold to the first reply. Met the buyer at AZ Firearms & Collectibles in Tempe to make the exchange. They did not mind. Made sure I did a Bill of Sale.

Good luck.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you do a private sale. Ammo AZ will do a free NICS check as a service to the community.

Reactions: jnojr

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
I've bought and sold via arms list and offer a discount to CCW holders. I don't respond to those that don't have that.

I see others that do a transfer and offer to pay for it for the buyer

Good for peace of mind

Reactions: Botany_Bay

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Armslist,,,, face to face with Arizona residents only, CCW preferred, and come up with a mutual place to sell with the buyer. That's what I do in Ohio. Been selling and buying like this for years, never an issue. Oh and I demand a phone call to talk to the person I'm dealing with. If they won't call deal is off. Good selling!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Armslist and local gun shows are the way to go. The only requirement for private party sales of a pistol/rifle/shotgun in Arizona (currently) is the buyer must be 18 and an Arizona resident.

I don't do bills of sale when I sell a gun and, frankly, I don't think I've ever given my information to a private party seller when I bought one. I don't want them to have my information and I don't want to know where it went....for a number of reasons. I make sure they're over 18 and I make them show me their Arizona ID or DL. That's as a citizen.

Now, as a LEO, there are situations where knowing who a gun was sold to can assist an investigation (and has happened in investigations I've done), but as a citizen, that's not my responsibility.

just my .02$ worth

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I prefer an FTF deal with buyer and seller showing their DL and LTC. I like to meet at a gun range or gun shop.
I used to live in a city where it was common to do FTF’s in the parking lot of a police substation. I have only lived in Texas and Oklahoma.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Armslist I guess. It sucks absolute donkey ️’s though. Every jack wad on the planet that wants something for nothing is on there. Then they want you to drive an hour to meet them and get all pissed when someone down the street wants it. If you frequent armslist as a buyer know I hate you to your core.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts