Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

It’s been a ton of years since I was on here. Any recommendations as to how or where to sell firearms? I’m in the Phoenix, AZ area. I heard there’s some Facebook groups for FTF sales. Thanks in advance!

Greg

·
Registered
870 Posts
Facebook will flag and delete any post for a firearm listed. I think there may be a meetUp group that meets 1-2 a month for sales.

I recently used Armslist - easy - had it sold to the first reply. Met the buyer at AZ Firearms & Collectibles in Tempe to make the exchange. They did not mind. Made sure I did a Bill of Sale.

Good luck.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you do a private sale. Ammo AZ will do a free NICS check as a service to the community.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I've bought and sold via arms list and offer a discount to CCW holders. I don't respond to those that don't have that.

I see others that do a transfer and offer to pay for it for the buyer

Good for peace of mind

Reactions: Botany_Bay

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Armslist,,,, face to face with Arizona residents only, CCW preferred, and come up with a mutual place to sell with the buyer. That's what I do in Ohio. Been selling and buying like this for years, never an issue. Oh and I demand a phone call to talk to the person I'm dealing with. If they won't call deal is off. Good selling!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Armslist and local gun shows are the way to go. The only requirement for private party sales of a pistol/rifle/shotgun in Arizona (currently) is the buyer must be 18 and an Arizona resident.

I don't do bills of sale when I sell a gun and, frankly, I don't think I've ever given my information to a private party seller when I bought one. I don't want them to have my information and I don't want to know where it went....for a number of reasons. I make sure they're over 18 and I make them show me their Arizona ID or DL. That's as a citizen.

Now, as a LEO, there are situations where knowing who a gun was sold to can assist an investigation (and has happened in investigations I've done), but as a citizen, that's not my responsibility.

just my .02$ worth

1 - 6 of 6 Posts