Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm looking to get a "precision" bolt action takedown rifle and am looking for recommendations.

By precision, I would be happy with under 3 moa (100 yrds) using standard velocity CCI's. It will only be shot off of a bag or bipod and its purpose is purely target shooting.

Price wise I can go up to $1k (new).

The takedown part is important for ease in transportation.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Well it's been a couple of weeks since you posted, so I'll say what I thought at the time:

I can't think of any. Plenty of semi-autos, levers and pumps in take down models, but I can't think of a bolt action take down .22, much less a precision one.

Reactions: pike bishop

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
If you're going to spend $1000 on this, you can pick your bolt action and have it converted to a take down.

Clip fed Marlins or Savages or even CZs and Rugers can be found used for well under $400. All have pretty accurate offerings. That's $600 left for the conversion.

Just a thought but I don't know of any either from the factory.

·
finishes it...
4,321 Posts
taking a step back, were i to have a budget of a grand earmarked for a .22, i'd kind'a expect it to deliver on the precision aspect as well. that's just me though...

Reactions: DJ Niner

·
finishes it...
4,321 Posts
and fairly certain i wouldn't be throwing more $ at situation in order to covert it to a takedown for the convenience factor...

yeah, no, this thread doesn't work for me on any level, i'll leave you to it...

·
Registered
14,856 Posts
Where are you trying to take it? A rimfire bolt gun can be short and light as it is. What's the need for takedown?
A simple Savage FV-SR should be able to deliver the accuracy you want and be around 35" and 6lbs.
If you really want a takedown, a 10/22 with a good barrel can be very accurate. Maybe the 10/22 takedown with a lightweight Volquartsen barrel. The scope mounts on a cantilever off the barrel itself so any slop in the takedown mechanism is negated. Put everything in a Magpul backpacker stock and it should be pretty light and handy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.