Recommendations for a 22lr bolt action takedown

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by techiej, Oct 2, 2019.

1. techiej

techiej

OK, I'm looking to get a "precision" bolt action takedown rifle and am looking for recommendations.

By precision, I would be happy with under 3 moa (100 yrds) using standard velocity CCI's. It will only be shot off of a bag or bipod and its purpose is purely target shooting.

Price wise I can go up to $1k (new).

The takedown part is important for ease in transportation.

2. Sniff

Sniff

Well it's been a couple of weeks since you posted, so I'll say what I thought at the time:

I can't think of any. Plenty of semi-autos, levers and pumps in take down models, but I can't think of a bolt action take down .22, much less a precision one.

pike bishop likes this.

3. Gray Dood

Gray Dood

If you're going to spend $1000 on this, you can pick your bolt action and have it converted to a take down.

Clip fed Marlins or Savages or even CZs and Rugers can be found used for well under $400. All have pretty accurate offerings. That's $600 left for the conversion.

Just a thought but I don't know of any either from the factory.

4. pike bishop

pike bishop finishes it...

taking a step back, were i to have a budget of a grand earmarked for a .22, i'd kind'a expect it to deliver on the precision aspect as well. that's just me though...

DJ Niner likes this.
  5. pike bishop

pike bishop finishes it...

and fairly certain i wouldn't be throwing more $ at situation in order to covert it to a takedown for the convenience factor...

yeah, no, this thread doesn't work for me on any level, i'll leave you to it...

6. ronin.45

ronin.45

Where are you trying to take it? A rimfire bolt gun can be short and light as it is. What's the need for takedown?
    A simple Savage FV-SR should be able to deliver the accuracy you want and be around 35" and 6lbs.
    If you really want a takedown, a 10/22 with a good barrel can be very accurate. Maybe the 10/22 takedown with a lightweight Volquartsen barrel. The scope mounts on a cantilever off the barrel itself so any slop in the takedown mechanism is negated. Put everything in a Magpul backpacker stock and it should be pretty light and handy.